"Hey, Gray?"

"Yeah?"

"Where did you come from? Like before you were in the guild. What made you come here?"

I felt his body tense up behind me. I bit my lip and wondered why I thought it was a good idea in the first place to ask him about his past. I was about to apologize when he let out a deep breath. "I was from a village up in the North, but the entire village was destroyed by the Demon Deliora. My parents were killed in the incident as well. Lyon, along with Ur, a powerful ice mage who came investigating Deliora's destruction, and found me alive among the ruins. Ur took Gray me as her second student and taught Lyon and I Ice-Make Magic. I also obtained the unusual habit of stripping unconsciously from Ur's training methods." He chuckled as I felt his chest rise and shake. "When I heard of Deliora's current location, I decided to challenge it, ignoring Ur and Lyon's warnings. I collapsed from 'battling' Deliora and woke up to see Ur fighting it. Ur told me to take Lyon and run. She explained to Gray that Iced Shell was the only thing that would beat Deliora. She then used that spell which caused her body to be destroyed. Before turning into ice, she made me promise to tell Lyon that she died and told me to step into the future, since she would seal my darkness. Ever since that day, Lyon and I parted ways."

A wave of suddenly washed over me. "Oh Gray, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have asked you to tell me that if you weren't ready." I said, turning around to face him with sympathetic eyes.

He smiled down at me. "It's okay. I'm actually glad I did. I never told anyone about it and it's like my chest feels lighter. Thank you, Alexa."

I gulped hard and felt my breathing hitch. I wasn't mentally prepared for this, but I had to tell him. "I-I'm leaving..." I said in a low voice, afraid I spoke too quietly for him to hear me.

"To your room?" He asked innocently.

I shook my head, my brown locks following the movement as well. "No...the guild."

His body jerked up into a sitting position. His dark blue orbs were now wide awake, as if someone just electrocuted his entire body. Sleep was now the last thing on his mind.

"What do you mean?" He questioned with his eyes wide open.

"I'm going with Gildarts on his quest." I replied as briefly as I could, fidgeting with my fingers.

"B-But." He protested before hopping off of his mattress. "Why can't you just stay here?"

"Gray, you know what happened. I destroyed the guild hall unconsciously and against my own will, imagine me conscious and aware. Gildarts says I need to control my power."

"Well, then fuck Gildarts! I'll train you if I have to. We'll hire a wind mage to teach you and-"

I cut him off and frowned sadly. "It's not that simple. I'm a member of the Skywalker clan, a simple wind mage wouldn't be enough."

He clenched his fists by his side and gritted his teeth together in frustration. I walked over to him and placed my hand on his cheek. "I'll be back before you know it..."

He grabbed my hand and yanked me towards him, pulling me into a tight hug as he nuzzled his face at the crook of my neck. "I-I just want you to hear me say that you'll come back...that you'll come back to me."

My voice shook and I felt a tear slide on my cheek. "I'll come back to you, Gray."

He looked up at me with a sad smile and wiped my tear with his thumb. His hand brought me forward to press his forehead against mine. "And I'll spend every day waiting for you."

Third Person's POV

The next morning, she decided to go to the three next people that meant the most to me. So she started to make my way to Laxus's room.