44 - Undercover

Thank you ts2000 for this really cool request.

I'm sorry the ending is so rushed I was having trouble coming up with something =~=

(Jealous!KeithxReader)

You take a small sip from a crystal champagne glass, foreign, purplish liquid trickling down your throat and tingling your taste-buds. Like most alien alcohol, it was bitter.

Pursing your lips together to hide your discomfort you flit your gaze hawkishly across the ballroom, searching. As you do so you casually adjust the large, glittering pendant laying in the revealing dip of your refined gown, reassuring yourself it was centered properly so the video feed it relayed back to the Castle of Lions was clear.

While looking around your eyes accidentally catch those of a blue skinned waiter carrying a tray on each of his four hands.

Flashing an inconspicuous smile you mutter under your breath as you move to the outskirts of another group of people, "Where is he, Pidge?"

Back in the Castle of Lions the green paladin blinks rousingly as she's pulled from the deadening world of syntax and code.

"Uhh," Pidge says absorbedly as her fingers dance across her keyboard, "Give me a sec."

Looking away from your pendant cam, she glances to the side as at least twenty different holographic video feeds pop up, each from a different security camera in the ballroom. Her gaze darts rapidly across each, searching for your target. A creak could be heard behind her as the entire Voltron team leaned closer over the back of her chair, also skimming the screens.

"There." Shiro says suddenly, pointing a finger at a tall, Galran man standing by a fountain spewing some sort of beverage that guests were giddily dipping their glasses into.

"He's by the fountain." Pidge says as she enlarges the camera's screen, making it twice as big as the others, "You'll see him."

You glance wearily at your barely touched alien champagne before taking a much larger sip than before, trying your best not to screw up your face at the taste.

"Don't get drunk on your mission, Y/N."

"Liquid courage, Pidge." You breathe, setting your glass down on the table next to you, "Liquid courage."

Despite the alcohol in your system you move with ease across the marbled floors of the ballroom, feet obscured by your long dress so that it looked like you were gliding through the crowds. You could feel some eyes on you as you walked past, unsure if your human features made you stand out or simply your complexion and dress was what was catching others gazes.

You raise your head with an air of confidence as you walk past the next group, trying to dare a glance with your posture and hope you simply look prissy and not suspicious. Unsure if it worked you look around as you near the fountain, searching for your target.

Like Pidge said he wasn't hard to find around the outskirts of the alcoholic fountain. He was chattering smoothly with another guest, the air of his confidence smothering yours. Or maybe it was his ego that was being so loudly proclaimed from a distance, you couldn't tell. Regardless, you stuck to your plan and glided to the edge of the fountain, pretending to watch it with fascination while observing him from the corner of your eye as you stood idly nearby.

You waited until he was done talking to the guest and said farewell before putting on a slightly lost expression as he turned your way. Pretending to just notice him you flash him a smile.

Lotor smiles back, dangerous charm in his expression as he takes your bait and walks over.

"You look a little out of sorts."