41 - First

I really like this idea even though it's short (I hope you guys don't mind me posting 1000 word oneshots instead of 5000)

College AU

You weren't really sure how it happened.

You and Keith were walking back to the dorms after spending the day at the library with the rest of your friends. There were two dormitories on campus but you and Keith were the only ones in the Miranda Housing, so it was only natural you walked back together, not to mention it was long past eleven o'clock.

Both of you were fairly quiet on your walk home, but you spoke freely when you did talk. You ran out of things to say only a few minutes after leaving but that was alright.

About halfway to your dorm Keith silently grasped your hand, holding gently incase you wanted to pull away.

You didn't.

Infact you did the exact opposite when you intertwined your fingers with his, holding his warm hand like he would be the one pull away.

He wasn't.

He just squeezed your palm, running his callouses thumb over your knuckles.

Neither of you looked at eachother, but that was okay: You didn't need to. Actions sometimes spoke louder than words and the comforting grip you had around eachothers hands said plenty for the both of you.

The rest of your walk home was silent and that was okay too. You and Keith both found mindless chatter unnecessary plus, you both wouldn't know what to say- 'I like you'? That was pretty obvious by now.

No, there was something soothing about eachothers presence, something that didn't need words to make it any easier.

You were both content walking side by side, hand held warmly in the others as you made your way home.

Normally people were milling inside and outside the dorm, going to classes or jobs, hanging out with friends or simply because they had nothing better to do. But at this time of night the grounds and hallways were deserted, most of the parties being thrown at the Maeson Housing, leaving you and Keith further alone.

His dorm was on the first floor, yours on the third, meaning his door would be where you said your goodbyes.

And that's what you planned to do when you looked at him: Say goodbye and let go of that warm hand of his before going off to your dorm and telling your roommate all about it.

And by the looks of it, that's what Keith planned to do too when he looked at you. But that's when it happened-

That's when you kissed him.

Or maybe he kissed you. You weren't sure and you probably never would be. But that was alright;

You were kissing Keith Kogane and couldn't be happier about it.

It was a short kiss, chaste in every way. But you had never felt so warm in your entire life as you did when you felt the brush of Keith's lips on yours. He was so gentle, so hesitant and sweet that your heart practically skipped a beat. His lips were chapped and bitten but didn't care- you couldn't care about such a silly thing while his hand was squeezing yours so affectionately.

And when you two pulled away, just far enough to look eachother in the eyes you didn't even realize you had shut, you smile. You smile a broad, uncontrollable smile.

And Keith smiles just as broadly and uncontrollably back at you.

Even in the dim light you could see the light flush on his face as he stared at you with such happiness in his violet eyes. You were sure your face was as equally tinted by the burning heat you felt your face, but you didn't mind: You were much too happy to care.

Infact, you were so happy you wanted to kiss his sweet lips all over again.

And so you did.

Well, so you tried is a better term.

You had dropped your gaze from Keith's eyes to his half parted lips when you started to lean back in, movements tentative and slow. Your lip had barely ghosted over his when you felt a hand cup your cheek, pulling you back.

You flick your eyes back up Keith's, curious and confused.

"I.." His whispery voice falters, fanning warm air onto your face, "I have to tell you something."

Leaning your head into his palm you look at Keith expectantly, waiting quietly for him to continue. To your surprise he doesn't say anything at first, just flushes even harder than before. You found it hard to believe; He was always so cool and collected in front of everyone, always having a sharp quip ready for when Lance tried to rile him up. Yet right now he was neither of those things.

Instead he seemed shy and nervous, unable to speak his mind like he usually did without a second's hesitation. But here he was, biting his lip as he gazed timidly at you.

You remember his hand, the one still intertwined with yours; The comforting one. Gazing kindly at Keith you squeeze his palm, swiping your thumb over his knuckles like he did to you on the way here.

He exhales deeply, more warm air dusting across your face before he tries to speak.

"I-I just want- I mean," Keith cringes at his own stutter but keeps going, "This is- Uh...That was my..."

Screwing his eyes shut, he whispers

"That was my first..kiss..."

The look on his face seemed as though he was just waiting for backlash of some kind, eyes opening only look away from your gaze as he prepared himself for any fire that could spit from your tongue. That doesn't happen though.

Instead you simply smile, unable to stop yourself.

Releasing the comforting warmth of his grip you cup Keith's flushed face with both of your hands, squishing his cheeks together just the tiniest bit. His eyes flew back to you as you did, startled confusion in them.

Before he has time to react any further you were already pressing your lips lightly to his, the hand on your cheek falling away at your movement.

Keith let out a quiet noise of surprise as you kissed him again but doesn't pull away, allowing you to brush your lips gingerly against his.

And as you pull back just a tad, you murmur into barely broken kiss, "And that was your second."

Keith was still frozen when you pecked at his lips again.

"And that one's your third."

He smiled into your lips halfway through the next kiss.

"This one's your fourth."

You giggled when Keith started to kiss you back a little eagerly, feeling his cheeks squish further into your hands as his smile grew.

"Ooo, your fifth was a good one."

Neither of you were sure how long you stood kissing in the hallway, laughing under your breath as you smiled into eachothers lips, but it was long enough for Keith to decide he didn't want to let you go. He pulled away from your lips, despite how kissable they seemed so close to his own, and asked you not leave.

And you know what?

You said yes.