10 - Special Breakfast

(Sleepy!Keith x Reader)

I groan and blearily look up from my pillow, shifting into a more comfortable position. The sun filters into the room, chasing away the remaining tendrils of sleep from my mind. The presence clinging to me groans, nestling closer.

Keith's warm embrace was limp, his arm slipping down to my waist. He was pressed against my back, his head in between my shoulder blades. Snuggled close, I could feel the steady rise and fall of his chest and soft mullet brushing against my skin.

I twist around, displeasing his unconscious mind as he whines and draws himself closer. I smile and snake my arms around him, nuzzling his hair. He mumbles incoherently and tilts his head up. His eyelashes graze my skin as the open slightly, squinting from the sun of the Sunday morning.

Looking up at me with a dazed expression, Keith levels with me and lies on my pillow, our foreheads touching.

"Morning." He slurs sleepily, trying to keep his eyes open as he gives me a sheepish smile.

I smile back and kiss him softly. He hums happily at the affection.

"Morning sleepyhead." I murmur into the kiss before pulling away. His lips follow mine but give up quickly.

I brush his bangs out of his face, revealing more of his tired eyes before resting my hand on his cheek. He smiles softly and turns his head, kissing my palm.

"God you're cute." I murmur as I watch Keith rub his cheek against my hand affectionately.

"You're beautiful." He say sleepily, yawning as he leans into my neck,"Can you pet me?"

My face flushes at his request, but I oblige and run a finger through his hair. He sighs contently.

"I love you." Keith mutters quietly, adjusting his embrace while entangling our legs. I smile to myself and kiss his head.

"Love you too."

We lay together like that for awhile, my hand stroking his hair while we cuddle. He falls in and out of sleep, kissing my neck softly everytime he wakes up. When he wasn't asleep, he was rubbing my back comfortingly. While I would have gladly layed with him all day like that, my stomach growls, sending hungry signals through my conscious.

"You hungry?" I ask gently, pulling away to look at him.

Keith grumbles and leans closer, closing the gap I created, but doesn't reply. I part my lips to ask again, when a low growl comes from his stomach, seeming to answer for him.

"Mm, I'll take that as yes." I tease, prodding his belly lightly. He flinches and makes a low, disgruntled noise.

I start to pull away from his warm embrace to go make breakfast, but he drags me back, nuzzling whatever part of me is close.

"Nooo, don't leave me." Keith whines overdramatically, pulling me down. I laugh and gently shrug him off, making him groan in fake frustration.

"I'll be back in 20 minutes Kogane. You'll survive." I say and grab the remote from the stand next to my side of the bed, tossing it next to him.

"Watch TV to make it go by faster." I suggest as I leave him, his muttering of my unfairness falling on deaf ears.

I glide down the stairs and twirl around banister into the kitchen. He's so cuddly I swear I can't do anything with him. I smile to myself as I open the fridge and scan for things to make. I could make him breakfast, but I doubt he'd come down here and eat it. I recall his sleepy state, which was induced by working extremely late last night, and push the idea out of my mind. Breakfast in bed; then he can't complain I left him alone for over 2 seconds.