34 - Latté

COMPLETELY UNEDITED.

Just saying: It sucks. I'll edit for you guys tmrw, until then you shall suffer

Update: It's edited now

Coffee Shop AU

Community Café.

That's where you worked with all of your (now) close friends.

Hunk made all of the baked goods you had for sale, rarely interacting with customers: Just how he liked it.

Shiro was your manager, though he just might have been a father to you all: The resemblance was uncanny.

Pidge, Lance, Keith, and yourself were all baristas, taking turns being the janitor when necessary.

You liked your job. You didn't dread going everyday. It was therapeutic to make drinks, having the smell of freshly baked goods and coffee around you all day. Of course, it didn't hurt that you worked with your friends everyday.

It also didn't hurt that you got to work with the object of your affections everyday:

Keith Kogane.

-

Keith liked his job just as much as you did.

Making coffee was as easy as breathing, the rhythm of cranking out orders was nice to get lost in when he was stressed. Customer interaction wasn't his favorite thing, he'd prefer just to make orders, but he didn't complain:

It was his only way to work close with you, and that was a much greater incentive than anything else.

-

To everyone else at the Community Café, your liking to eachother was obvious- except to one another. You were both blind to the others feelings, leaving the rest of your friends feeling like they were stuck in a romantic sitcom.

Keith attraction was more obvious than anything, leaving everyone to facepalm at your ignorance as you mistook his clear attempts to win your affections as kind gestures. They were sure you would take the hint when Keith brought you, and only you, chocolates for Valentines Day, but you were convinced he was just being nice.

He was head-over-heels, tripping over himself in love with you, and you hadn't the slightest clue.

Your liking was less noticable, more subtle, which while everyone else found easy to decipher after a few takes, was extremely difficult for Keith to catch onto.

They couldn't roll their eyes at his unknowingness however, simply because Keith had never been in love, or had someone love him, and couldn't tell what the signs were. It didn't stop him from trying to be close to you though. Keith figured that if he couldn't win your heart, he could at least bask in your attention.

And while everyone joked about how incognizant you both were, pointing out the obvious pinning between the both of you, they waited for the day when one of your would smell the roses and ask the other out.

-

"Keith, one large americano with two extra shots."

"Yeah, no problem."

Keith waits a moment before glancing at you, hoping you'd have that friendly smile on your face as you talked to the customer. You did, and it was just a pretty and cute as it always was. Keith loved your smile: It brought out your dimples.

And he loved those too.

He averts his gaze back to the simple drink, sneaking brief glances at you as he makes it. He found it difficult to keep his eyes off you, especially with you so close to him. Even from a couple of feet away, Keith could smell the fragrant shampoo you used to wash your hair, the one that lulled Keith deeper into a sense of attraction.