17 - Silver

(RELATED TO ONE-SHOT)There is a lure that vampires get burnt by the touch of silver, but let's pretend they can't be close to it either for the sake of a salty Y/N who had one request for her boyfriend.

Also I don't know if I like this one but oh well.

(Vampire!KeithxReader)

"Keith, come down from there!" I yell, wiping my hands on a crumpled towel. I glare at the large archway between the kitchen and the dining room where a bat was hanging. It's bright violet eyes glare back at me as it squeaks.

I toss the towel onto the large kitchen counter, putting my hands on my hips.

"Don't talk to me like that, get-" I start, but a large whooshing sound cuts me off.

Keith was on his feet, right below the spot where the bat hung, with a disgruntled look on his face. Running a deathly pale hand through his dark mullet, he glares at me with violet eyes. He rolls up the sleeves of his white button up that was partially tucked into his black pants covered with cobwebs.

"Okay! Okay, I'm down!" Keith scowls, dusting off his pants and sulking over to me.

Despite the annoyance on his face, he snakes his arms around me and kisses my collarbone.

"What?" He grumbles, huffing into my neck.

"I'm going to the store. Do not eat any of the cookies." I say sternly, turning toward him. Keith narrows his eyes at me.

"And why would I?"

"Because you have a sweet tooth that's why." I say, prodding his cheek. He deflates against my back, using me as support.

"But Y/N~" Keith whines,"You're baking is the best. I went like, 150 years without cookies before I met you!"

"Yeah? Well you're going to go another 5 years without cuddles if you do." I threaten.

"You can't stop me from hugging you." He says cockily, squeezing me tighter. I smirk, thumbing his knuckles.

"Well, then I'll just wear silver jewelry so you can't."

Keith's eyes widen as he straightens, staring at me.

"You wouldn't dare." He hisses as he leans close to my face, his fangs baring through the growling expression.

"Wanna bet?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

We stare at each other, waiting for the other to break the facade. Keith loses the staring contest first as he starts to pout.

"I'll miss you! I don't want to stop holding you!" He whines, nuzzling my neck affectionately.

A part of me felt guilty for teasing him about it, considering how sensitive he was. Because he was left alone in an old Victorian mansion for at least 200 years, he was constantly touch-starved and got lonely easily. Not to mention the fact he was self conscious about being a vampire.

Despite Keith's insecurities, he was probably the gentlest person you could imagine. But, the other part of me was acutely aware of how sneaky he was when it came to what he wanted. So I didn't feel that bad.

"Well then don't steal a cookie." I laugh, stroking his hair gently. Another whine comes from him, but he doesn't complain.

Instead, he nestles into my neck and kisses the small scar left by his fangs. I got them from the first time he ever sucked my blood, after getting my consent at least 10 times.

He didn't do it very often for lots of reasons, pain not being one, but it did happen occasionally. Keith kept away from me whenever I started bleeding though, saying the scent drove him crazy and he couldn't control himself. One time, I cut my finger while he was in the room and he appeared next to me out of nowhere, sucking the cut with a dreamy look on his face. But, he was fine being close to me as long as my blood wasn't airborne.