6 - Lunch Break

(Sequel to Coffee Confessions)

I walk briskly down the sidewalk, careful to not run into other pedestrians while checking my phone for the time. He gets his break in 5 minutes. I ease my pace, breathing a sigh of relief. I relax my grip on the fabric bag that contains the lunch I prepared for Keith and I, as traffic on the sidewalk thins.

Rounding the corner, I spot my favorite Starbucks; My favorite because one, it's not crowded and two, my new reason, my boyfriend works there. I smile at the thought of him, mullet and all. I pull the door of the coffee shop open, step inside and push it closed behind me.

"Yo, Y/N!" A recognizable voice calls to me.

"Yo, Pidge!" I call back before we laugh.

Walking over to the counter, I free my right hand from my bag to do the special handshake we created. Pointing finger guns at eachother, we end our long, but fun, ritual.

"How's your day been Pidgeon?" I ask as I drum my fingers against the counter.

"Ah, pretty good; I've been winging it." She says, hardly able to suppress her smile at her own pun.

I roll my eyes while grinning,"Geez your ridiculous."

"Whatever." She says dismissively. Her expression quickly changes to a devious one as she leans against the counter.

"So, you here to see your loverboy?" She asks, an almost manicial smirk on her face. I smack her arm playfully as I blush.

"Oh, shut up. I brought him lunch because I know he doesn't eat on his break like a normal person." I mutter, laughing as she awes and elbows me.

"You guys are so cute. He's probably in the storage room; That's usually where he takes his breaks." Pidge says while beckoning me to follow her with her hand.

Slipping behind the counter, I follow her the short distance to the storage room. I shoo her away from the door, watching her as she runs off giggling to herself. Shaking my head, I twist the handle and poke my head through the opening. I smile as I see my boyfriend sitting on the ground, playing on his phone.

"Yo." I say, walking into the room, letting the door close behind me. Keith jerks his head up in surprise, before breaking into a smile and rising to his feet.

"Y/N!" He says, suprised, closing the distance between us and kissing me sweetly. I smile into the kiss as his arms slither around my waist,"What are you doing here?"

I hold the bag up and smile,"I made you lunch."

His eyes widen at my answer,"Why?" I furrow my brow, at his question. What do you mean 'Why'?

"Uh, because I'm your girlfriend and I love you?" I reply, questioning my own answer. He stares at the bag, his face flushing slowly.

Deciding to ignore his weird behavior, I continue talking.

"Anyways, I made you a BLT because I know they're your favorite, and I brought some strawberries because I know you like those too. Oh, and I made cookies the other day so I brought a few." I say, while falling to the ground, crossing my legs as I sit.

Keith opens the bag and peeks inside, still red in the face. He pulls out the sandwich I had wrapped neatly in plastic wrap, the container of strawberries and the bag with a few chocolate chip cookies inside.

"I thought you like chocolate chip, but if you don't you don't have to eat-" I start, but cut myself off when he sits behind me, legs on either side, and hugs me tightly.

"Thank you." He whispers, resting his chin on my shoulder. I turn and look at the sincerity in his eyes. I smile as he pecks my cheek and takes the sandwich.