2 - Suprise Visit

It had been six months since Keith left for the Blade and since I had last seen him. We had a talked about it and decided he should follow what he wanted. I won't lie, it's hard to be without him. Without his arms around me or gentle kisses when I wake up, but I manage. We talk as often as we can, but I haven't seen him since he's left. The team has of course tried to keep me cheery and I appreciate it. I smile when I'm around them so they don't worry so much, and they shouldn't really. I can survive, I just...miss him.

To keep him off my mind, I kept myself busy. Being able to concentrate on something helped me cope with him being gone. Training, cleaning, exploring the planet; anything to distract myself.

This particular day, I was planning on exploring the outer coves on the planet; the one place I had been putting off because I knew I was going to get soaked in the process. But, today was hot and I didn't have a better idea to cool down. I decided to leave earlier in the morning so I wouldn't be traveling in the heat.

On my way out, I met a groggy Shiro drinking the closest thing to coffee Altea had. He gave me a small wave and a yawn, his eyes trying to fight off lingering sleep. I smile back and started out of the room when Shiro stopped me, "Y/N wait."

I turned on my heel and gave him an expecting look.

"Yeah?"

"Don't push yourself too hard, ok?" I grin and give a two finger salute.

"I won't." Shiro smiled back and shuffled out of the room, ruffling his own hair.

I twirl on my heel again and continue walking out, not running into any of the other paladians. I hopped on a motorbike, almost identical to Keith's, and started for cove in the quiet light.

On my trip, I quickly thank myself for leaving early because the sun was beating down hard. My hair stuck to the back of my neck and sweat was dripping down my face. I progressed nonetheless and eventually made it to my destination. I set my bike down gently before peering into the rocky area.

A ragged cove with shimmering rocks and crystals hungover a small pool with the clearest water I'd ever seen that led into a lake. Nearly white sand was dusted across the floor of the cove, brightly colored shells decorating its surface. Tiny fish made laps around the crystal clear pool, scales reflecting warped light in the water.

A smile grew on my lips and I kicked off my shoes and set them by the edge so they wouldn't get soaked. I slid into the cove, my feet meeting the soft sand. I wiggled my toes in it, shifting the sand around my feet. A spray of water hit me, almost like a welcome. I shrugged my bag off my shoulders and tested the waters with my foot. A cluster of fish swam away from me as my toe touched the water, sending a ripple across the surface. It was cold, but I stepped in anyway, enjoying the relief it provided from the unrelenting sun.

Eventually I submerged myself in the cool waters with all my clothes on because I forgot my swimsuit; true to my character. I floated in the water, aware of how clean and cool it felt running over my skin. I sighed contently.

"I could stay like this forever."I murmur aloud to nothing in particular, closing my eyes to enjoy the peacefulness in the moment.

------

"Where's Y/N?"

This, had been Keith's question to everyone in the castle since he had arrived at the front of the palace. Unfortunately for him, he asked everyone except Shiro, who was the only one who actually had that information. By the time Keith had run into him, he was annoyed that no one knew where his precious Y/N, who he loved more than he could describe, had gone.

Shiro's first reaction had been to catch up with Keith and ask him how's he doing, but he held back by the aggravated look that graced his face.

"She's out exploring the planet."Shiro replied. Keith became confused, but quickly asked.

"Where?" Shiro shakes his head, and smiles apologetically.

"Don't know. Y/N goes out a lot now so I have no clue. She left early this morning though so she should be back soon enough." He confesses. When Keith's face dropped he put a hand on his shoulder, reassuringly.

"She's gonna be really happy to see you."

"You think?" Keith askes, slightly worried. He had been scared that he had been gone to long for her to care for him, considering he hadn't visited her since he left. Shiro gave him a lopsided grin.

"Oh definitely. She tries to keep herself busy all day so she won't have to miss you so much. Trust me, she'll be ecstatic."

Keith gave a small smile and thanked Shiro before heading for the castle entrance. He took a seat on the steps and waited with longing eyes on the horizon for his love to show up.

---

The sun started to set when I finally made it back to the castle. Despite the wind that whipped around me on my bike, I was still soaked to bone from the water. I was relieved when I made it to the base of the palace, finally able to strip from my wet clothes. I was surprised to see a small ship near the entrance. Was there a visitor? Dread spread across my chest at the idea of having to meet someone new while I was drenched like this. I sighed and pulled my bag onto one shoulder and looked toward the stairs.

The bag dropped slowly from grip when I met eyes with the person who greeted me there. My chest tightened as my heartbeat started to race. They jumped to their feet but didn't move after that.

"Keith?"

He slowly went down a few steps, before jumping down the rest and gathering me in his arms.

"Wait! I'm soaked you're gonna get wet!" I exclaim quickly as he squeezes me tightly.

"I don't care."Keith retorts, nearly cutting me off as he buries his head into the crook of my neck

"It's you, how could that bother me?" His voice much quieter this time. My lips quirk into a small smile and I return his embrace, resting my head on his shoulder.

He shudders out a sigh, pulling me closer,"I missed you so goddamn much. It hurt how much I did. I felt so lonely without you there, I wanted to run back to you everyday." Keith confesses, he's voice shaky from tears. My eyes watered so I closed them and rubbed his back to comfort him.

"I couldn't sleep because you weren't there in my arms every night. I didn't have your hand to hold when I walked down hallways and I couldn't hug you whenever I wanted." He continued.

"I missed you too. I kept expecting you to be there every morning next to me and you weren't. God, I never thought I would miss pulling your hair so you made your little noises and would hold me tighter; or how you always made me late for stuff because you wouldn't want to stop cuddling in bed; but I did so much." I murmured, continuing to rub his back. He smiled softly against my neck.

"I missed that." His voice barely above a whisper. I placed both my hands on the sides of his face and tried to get him to look at me, but he shook his head and nestled himself closer. I dropped my hands in defeat, but gave a small laugh at his reaction.

"Let me see your face."I laugh. Keith slowly looked up at me, his eyes tinted red and his face streaked from tears. I smile softly at him, his features lit up by the setting sun.

"I love you so much." I whisper. His eyes watered and I brushed away the tears as the fell with my thumb, my hand never leaving the side of his face. He gazed at me lovingly as my own eyes started to water before pulling me into a long kiss.

When we pullled away he rested his forehead against mine, his bangs tickling my face.

"I love you more."

"I love you most."