29 - Morning Affection

ANNOUNCEMENT!
I've got midterms next week so I'm taking a small break this week and the next in order to prepare and relax afterwards.

Anyways, I wrote this extremely short oneshot in order to make up for the incoming lack of updates, enjoy.

Modern AU

"Keith~"

The head on my shoulder ignores my call, pressing impossibly closer to the crook of neck. My eyes roll as I poke the freshly cracked egg in the frying pan before me with a spatula, nudging the almost rubbery edge.

"Keeeith."

Hot breath goes down my neck, sending small shivers down my spine as Keith sighs in faux exasperation. Lifting his head to tuck his chin into the dip of my collarbone, he mumbles a deflated,

"What?"

Releasing the grip I have on the frying pan handle I card my hand through his mussed hair affectionately.

"Get off."

A whine instantly comes to protest.

"Y/NN~"

"Don't 'Y/N' me: I'm suffocating under you."

Another whine grumbles out from under Keith's breath, dusting heat over my skin once more. Tightening his embrace around my abdomen he mumbles poutily,

"But you're warm," He pauses briefly before adding, "And you showered last night."

I furrow my brow at the crackling egg, confused.

"What does that have to do with anything?"

Keith tilts his head and nuzzles his nose to my neck, inhaling deeply as he mutters halfheartedly,

"You smell nice after you shower."

A little heat rushes to my face, tingling under my skin. Cute bastard. I ignore it however, clearing my throat only once before speaking.

"Oh yeah?"

Keith hums softly, still buried nose deep into a crook of my neck, "Mmhmm."

I can feel the slow bob of his adam's apple become more intense as he presses closer, molding to the shape of my back shamelessly. Pretending like I can't feel the smooth curve of his toned body snug against my spine through my T-shirt, I ignore his attempts to get closer and stick to my guns.

"Too bad. Get off."

Keith deflates against me, chin hooking over my shoulder and pressing to my collarbone as the rest of him becomes weighted, losing its secure and comforting pressure.

"But I want to cuddle~"

His tone had once again resorted to a whine of disagreement, emphasizing his child like argument strategy. Unfortunately I am too in love with him not to be susceptible to his pleas for affection. Feeling drawn to look I pull my eyes away from the hissing egg and glance down at the head nestled close to me.

A sea of black hair was strewn in every direction, a soft mass pressed close against my neck. Even Keith's bangs were swirled up, revealing the usually hidden bridge of his nose. Violet eyes gazed up at me from under thick eyebrows furrowed in disappointment, glazed over with his sleepy beg for attention. Despite being in my peripheral I could still see the soft pink tinge on his pouted lips.

He was adorable, and, even in this state, irrefusable.

I groan, defeated once again by soft words and looks, and pull my gaze away.

"Whatever."

A purr rumbles from his throat as he straightens and steps closer, pressing his smug smile against my skin as if to subtly show his victory.

"Oh hush it, you win: Get over yourself."

Keith chuckles, finally lifting his head from its place on my shoulder to press a long kiss to my temple, "I know you love me."

The arms around my waist squeeze affectionately as he speaks.

I scoff as I flip the egg, revealing the scattered brown pattern in it's under side, "Only cus' no one else will."

Lips curl against my hairline but Keith withholds an answer. Instead he begins to trail fluttering kisses down my face, using my jawline as a guide. They were soft and warm, only grazing my skin but still somehow overflowing with affection. When he gets halfway I give in and let out a small hum of acknowledgment.

He only goes a little further before abandoning my jaw, eyes on a different prize. The object of his affections his obvious when a misplaced kiss lands on the corner of my mouth. Instead of trying again however, Keith keeps his lips in place and makes no sign of moving.

I knew he was staring at me, and not the egg he had been waiting for being slide onto his plate to join his bacon, before he released a pitiful whine. Even so I couldn't help but roll my eyes as I glanced down at his lazy attempt to lure in a proper kiss.

But, I can't help but oblige either way.

Switch the spatula to my other hand I reach up and cup Keith's cheek with my opposite palm, craning my neck as I turn to meet his lips. A pleased sound hums from him as they brush together, locking for a stationary press of affection. It would be a lie to say I didn't enjoy feeling the long drag of his lips against mine.

A long moment, maybe two, passes before we pull away. It was a slow, simultaneous release, eyes fluttering open only to lock onto the other. Keith is the first to break trance with a soft smile.

Leaning forward Keith presses another kiss to my cheek, murmuring almost absentmindedly, "I love you."

Before he can pull back all the way I lean down and place a swift kiss to his  neck.

"Right back at you."

He smiles again, wider this time, before finally releasing his grip around my torso to grap the two full plates of breakfast food.

"Come on," Keith murmurs, a dazed look of pleased sleepiness on his face, "I'm hungry."