14 - Galra Kisses

(Galra!KeithxReader)

"Keith, come on!"

"But what if they get scared?"

"Keith, they're your friends; they care about you!"

"But I look-" Keith starts before yelping as I drag him out his door. His ears perking in surprise as he trips into my arms.

I had spent the entire morning, trying to convince Keith to come out of his room while he was Galra, so he wouldn't be so upset with himself over it. I was the only person who he allowed to see him like that, and even then he was nervous. I wanted him to be comfortable in his own skin, regardless of what he looked like, and I thought having him be okay with the other paladins seeing him would be the first step.

He, of course, hated my idea. But lucky for me, Keith has a hard time saying no to anything I wanted. It wasn't something I usually exploited, considering I didn't want to abuse his unwavering devotion and adoration, but this was an exception. Besides, it's a noble cause, so I wouldn't really think of it as exploitation; more like guiding him in the right direction with my leverage.

I thought I had convinced him, but I guess he had second thoughts coming out of the door.

I hold him tightly so he doesn't fall down as he looks up at me with soft, yellow eyes. Keith starts to pout as I pull him up, but before he can protest any longer, I intertwine my hand with his and drag him along the hallway. He reluctantly follows, tugging my arm and slowing our pace occasionally.

He complains and whines, but keeps moving forward nonetheless. It was going smoothly until he suddenly freezes and drags me back, hiding behind me.

"Keith, what are you-" I start as I follow his frightened gaze, pausing as I see Pidge walking down the hall. She was focused on a small gadget in her hand, toying with some dials on it. Keith clings to me from behind, his annoyed demeanor now scared and small.

"Y/N..." Keith whimpers in a hushed voice, squeezing me tightly,"I-I can't do this."

"It's okay babe." I murmur comfortingly, reaching a hand up and stroking his hair. Another strained whimper comes from his throat, but he doesn't make another noise.

"Oh, Y/N! I haven't seen you all morning." Pidge's voice says cheerfully. Yeah, well that's because I've been convincing my boyfriend to come show his cute face to the world, even though he has fluffy ears sprouting from his head and is purple.

Keith inhales sharply in my ear and presses against me. I can feel his heart beat frantically against my back, his chest rising and falling unevenly. I clutch one of his hands around my waist and thumb his knuckles comfortingly.

"Hey Pigeon!" I say brightly as she shuffles over. Her eyes glance briefly at Keith, hesitating for a moment before looking back at me.

I had warned everyone earlier that I was going to try and bring Keith around while he was Galra today, so it shouldn't have been that much of a surprise. They were all down for it, so I don't know if she was staring at his different appearance, or the fact he was clinging to me with fear. Either way, she smiles at both of us.

"What's that?" I ask, pointing at the device in her hands. She looks down and instantly brightens.

"Oh man, your gonna love this! Basically I was trying to create a signal that could create it's own wormhole so it could connect to the satellites on Earth. That way, we could listen music, watch TV and catch up on everything that's been going on while we've been gone!" Pidge giddily explains,"It's not 100% yet but I'm super close; I can feel it!"

"Wow," I breathe, staring at the small device with new respect,"Your amazing." She smiles cockily and put her hands on her hips.

"I know!"