18 - Guns & Roses

WARNING- Long ass one-shot

Words - 13,724

Mafia AU

I speed down the long narrow hallway, my pace just below a jog as I chew my gum feverishly to calm my nerves. It was gray and ominous from the dim lights, but I knew the entire place like the back of my hand. Rounding the corner I jump down the old wooden stairs and swing around the banister. It's white paint was seemingly more faded than yesterday. I spot Matt just up ahead, hurrying down the hall with urgency.

"Matt." I call bluntly, increasing my speed to try and catch up with him. He jumps in surprise before turning to see who said his name. Recognition sparks in his eyes and he slows, waiting for me to catch up.

"Y/N. Do you know what happened?" Matt asks as I reach him, immediately continuing his rushed pace.

"No. Coran just told me Keith, Shiro, Lance and Hunk got injured because of some encounter with the Galra." I say spitefully, annoyed at the lack of information. I blow a bubble and let it pop, the noise releasing some of the tension in me.

He doesn't respond so I glance at him, confused by his silence. The highly concerned expression on his face was perplexing until things clicked in my mind.

"He said Pidge is fine. She was manning some controls in the van."

Matt breathes a heavy sigh of relief, running a hand through his hair, "Thank God."

We turn another corner into the last hallway we would need to cross.

"Allura is on her way down to help bandage them up." He says as we near the pair of doors that lead to the main room.

We pause for just a moment as Matt opens a closet and rummages for first-aid kits. I tap my foot impatiently, trying to ease my nerves, or at least cope with them. Tossing me a white plastic box, he slams the closet shut and we rush to the large doors.

Shouldering them open, we burst into the main room where the team was waiting by the front door. Hunk was leaning against the door, wiping blood away from his mouth with the back of his hand. Lance was sitting on the ground next to him, eyes closed as he leaned against his leg. Shiro was standing off to the side, clutching his left bicep with a pained expression on his face. And Keith was hovering over a side table, pushing it's surface with his hand to keep him upright. His other hand was pressed against his abdomen, hand stained red.

They all snap their heads to the loud boom of the doors flying open as we rush over. I can see Allura out the corner of my eye coming from the other hallway, bee-lining her way to them. Her hair was pulled up into a bun with a serious expression on her face.

"Shiro, Hunk; You guys come with me. Matt take Lance and Y/N take Keith." She orders without missing a beat as she inspects Shiro's arm.

"Right." Matt and I say in sync as we rush over to our assigned person.

Keith looks up from the table as come to his side, a grateful look in his eyes. I place my hand over his and press against his stomach, throwing his other arm over my shoulder. He grits his teeth and shoots me an annoyed glare.

"Watch it." He growls. I roll my eyes.

"Where to Boss?" I ask, ignoring his complaint. Keith coughs and leans against my side.

"Meeting." He mutters before saying loudly, "Everyone, head to the meeting room once they've been patched up."

"Yes Boss!" The others say in unsion, minus Lance who groans.