5 - Rudely In Love

(Keith x Sick!Reader)

"Wake up." A voice hisses at me, hitting me in the head with something soft.

I jolt from my pillow, startled and confused. I get hit with a wave of nausea from the sudden movement, but shake it off and glare at the red paladin hovering over me. Keith tosses the pillow he used to hit me onto the other side of the bed.

"What was that for?" I hiss back, rubbing my eyes and coughing,"You trying to give me a heart attack?"

He rolls his eyes at my disgruntled reaction and shoves a glass of Altean 'orange juice' into my hands.

"Drink it." He says sourly, sitting down on the edge of my bed,"I can't believe Shiro's making me do this."

I narrow my eyes at him and raise an eyebrow,"If you're just gonna be a jerk, what's the point of being here?"

He scoffs at me,"Trust me; I don't want to. Shiro said someone has to stay here and take care of you while everyone else explores the new planet. And he had to choose me."

He crosses his arms and huffs with annoyance, falling back onto my bed,"This is bullshit."

I grimace and roll my eyes at him. Keith has always been cold to me, disregarding me and, trying to pick a fight. I didn't even do anything, but he just seems hate me. Imagining him taking care of me sends shivers down my spine. Yeah right; He'll probably yell at me for getting sick and making him be here with me.

"Why aren't you drinking it?" He asks, annoyed, snapping me out of my trance.

"It's probably poisoned."

He shoots me a bothered look,"Geez this is what I get for being nice."

"What do you mean nice?"I shoot back, before breaking into a coughing fit.

He sits up on his elbows when I start, an alert look on his face. Once it finally subsides, his expression morphs back to the annoyed one he had before. He slumps back down onto the bed again.

"If you call hitting me with a pillows and yelling at me while I'm sick nice, you're messed up Kogane." I finish, placing the full glass onto the table next me.

He scoffs at me, but doesn't respond. We sit in silence, tension so thick I could cut through it. I eventually break the unpeaceful tranquility, by coughing harshly. He doesn't seem to care at first, not even glancing in my direction, but when I start to keel over I feel his hand bracing my stomach. The other one glides smoothly up and down my back as I seemingly try to cough up an organ.

"Are you okay?" Keith asks, his voice surprisingly gentle.

I look up at him to see if his bullshitting me, and am nearly taken aback when I see the sincere and worried expression on his face. I nod slowly as an answer, surprised at how nice he was being. It, however, didn't last as he grabbed the glass and glared at me.

"I told you to drink this." He says annoyed.

I open my mouth to chew him out, when I get distracted. I turn my head and stare at his left hand that was still pressed comfortingly against my back.

"Hey! Are you even listening to me? I told you to-" He starts to snap when his voice falters.

I look at Keith, and see his eyes were trained on his own hand. To my suprise, instead of just pulling his hand away and continuing to scold me, he seems to freeze. Like a deer caught in headlights, he stares, unable to comprehend what's happening. His face grows red as he seems to slowly realize the situation. Shoving the drink into my hands again, he quickly moves to the very edge of the foot of the bed, turning his head away.