Chapter One

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." 

**********************************************************

I smiled as I sat in my hammock that hung from the ceiling on the veranda staring at my engagement ring with happiness. It had been a few months since Carlisle, and I got in engaged. I had kept the ring hidden on a necklace, keeping the secret of my engagement from the students at mine and Bebe's school.

Nik had finally come to visit again, and threatened Carlisle of course, that if he messed up or let me die in anyway, he would be dead. When that happened, I grabbed Nik and dragged him to the front door and threw him outside. Both of us stared at each other, blank stares. The Cullen family watching us in shock, unsure in how to react to what had just happened. Before both of us started laughing and hugged each other happily. Nik congratulating me on my engagement. Myself asking him to walk me down the aisle.

Nik of course said yes and took it upon himself to let our other siblings know. I laughed as Elijah called me after and started having a fit because he was the oldest and he should do it. I asked him to be the celebrant. He was so much happier about that.

Becca wasn't so happy when I told her that she may not be my maid of honour, but her and I have never been that close, unlike Bebe and I. Anyway Carlisle and I decided to have our wedding in December, a Christmas wedding if you will because that's my favourite time of the year and Carlisle wanted to make me happy so yeah. I look up seeing Bebe getting out of her truck. I smile and eave, she waves back but then motions me to go over. I get up and skip happily over to her. "Your happy," Bebe giggles as I hug her.

"I'm more then happy, I'm in love with someone who loves me and wants to be with me forever, I have my best friend who loves me and is there, I have my family and I just have everything I need," I sigh, with a dreamy smile on my face. I was very content with everything. Bebe smiled to me as we both walked over to her home. As we walked in, I smiled to Charlie who waved with a small smile on his own face. "Hey Charlie, how you been?" I asked as I watched Bebe ponder around the kitchen.

"Yeah, I've been good Kara," he answered. "How about you?" He asked.

"I'm great," I answered, a soft smile on my face.

I followed Bebe upstairs and smiled as I landed onto her bed, with a comfortable sigh leaving my mouth. Bebe chuckled and jumped onto the bed next to me. "So, how is wedding planning going?" Bebe asked as we relaxed together.

"Well, Alice said she's not happy that I won't let her help, but I always promised Becca that she could help and plan things, so she's doing all the important stuff, but she comes to me first to make sure it's okay for both Carlisle and I," I stated, with a soft smile. "But she can't choose my dress, or my bridesmaid dresses," I giggled. "She's not pleased I said that, but she'll live."

Bebe smiles and rolls off her bed, landing slightly on her feet, but wobbles slightly, she walks over to her desk and opens her drawer. I see her pull out the folded note. It's worn, having been read many times. She unfolds it, I get up and look over Bebe's shoulder and many sentences have been crossed out. Only one line at the bottom is legible. It reads: "I miss you, too. Doesn't change anything."

I see Bebe's troubled face, but she decides something, so I smile and nod following closely behind her. She takes out her fashionable, desirable, hip Nokia phone, and holds down a button, as we walk downstairs. The word "Jake" comes up on the screen. Straight to voicemail. Bebe and I exist the house, and head over to her truck, climb in.

I watch as Bebe turns the key but nothing. She tries again. It's dead. With a slight gust of wind – suddenly, Edward is sitting in between us. She jumps, catching her breath. "You scared me."

"You're going to the reservation." Edward said without greeting her.

"How'd you...?" Bebe said as I crossed my arms over my chest with a glare. "Alice had a vision." Bebe says with a shake of her head as his guilty face is her answer. He tries to make light of it.

"Did you do this to her truck?" I ask, with a firm glare.

"Bella, you have to understand. Your safety is everything to me." Edward says ignoring me.

"Jacob is not gonna hurt me." Bebe states getting angry and annoyed.

"Not intentionally, but the wolves have no control..." Edward, I groaned in annoyance.

"Edward. I have... Until graduation, to see him. And I'll be one of you, and he'll hate me forever." Bebe says

"I'm sorry." Edward says and both Bebe and I look at him. Then both of us get angry, Bebe forces open her door, as I do the same, we both climb out, slamming the truck door. Edward appears next to Bebe and then Carlisle is there. He pulls me into a hug knowing I am getting angrier. "I want you to be happy... but alive is more important." Edward says.

Frustrated, Bebe pushes past him and heads to the house. He appears on the stairs before she reaches them. "I'll understand if you're too angry for me to come to your room tonight. Just close the window." He says before leaving quickly, I wave Bebe goodnight and Carlisle carries me to my own home. As Carlisle and I make it into my room, I curl into him and he pulls me tighter.

"I love you," I whisper, as Carlisle strokes my head, his fingers gliding through my hair.

"I love you more," Carlisle says as I drift into a deep sleep, fully relaxed and no worries in my mind.

************************************************************************************

Huntress (Carlisle Cullen)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara