Chapter Four

"'Ohana" means "family

"'Ohana" means "family." "Family" means "no one gets left behind."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Bebe's time as a human was over. But she said she never felt more alive. I knew she was born to be a vampire.'

I stood with Jacob as Sam and he made up, allowing Paul to meet Hope who smiled shyly at the boy, the pair hitting it off, the next time I'm with Bebe as we both received an expensive necklace each from the Volturi with a note as well.

'Everything was falling into place. Even the Volturi seemed to accept both mine and Bebe's new status. Though they'd want proof of Bebe eventually. It seemed we had only one enemy left. Time.'

I watch as both Nicola and Renesmee grew up from looking like a few months old to a few years old, or in Nicola's case now looking to be 9 and Renesmee looked to be 4.

'We still had no idea why Renesmee was growing so fast. I couldn't contact my mother at all. And we all worried about how long we would have with her. It just made every moment more precious.'

Renesmee, now looking at least 6 or 7 years old, is playing in the snow with Bebe, Nicola, Jacob, Seth and myself both boy were in their wolf form.

I watched as Renesmee jumped into the air and catches a snowflake and runs back over to us. "Look, a snowflake." Renesmee says cheerfully, Nicola giggled and looked at the snowflake happily.

"It's beautiful. Why don't you both go get another one?" Bebe questioned and Renesmee and Nicola giggle and run off to play.

"Edward thinks that we'll find answers in Brazil. There are tribes there that might know something." Bebe said and I nodded, Bebe and I watch Renesmee and Nicola both leap into the air to catch snowflakes, I frown as I suddenly see a figure off in the distance watching us.

"Who was that?" Renesmee and Nicola said.

"I think that's our cousin from Denali. Irina!" I shouted smiling but I look closer seeing her looking more distraught. But she has run off before Bebe could even speaking to her.

We made it home safely, the boys taking Nicola and Renesmee to the other room. I smile seeing Carlisle had finish speaking with the Denali Coven. "Tanya convinced Irina to come reconcile with us." Carlisle stated coming to my side and placing a hand on my shoulder.  

"It looks like she changed her mind." Edward said.

Esme spoke up, in slight understanding of what Irina was feeling. "Seeing Jacob and Seth must have been too much for her."

"Wish we could have just spoken to her." Bebe whispered, as I nodded in agreement. 

"She's family. She'll come around." Carlisle said, and we all moved away to wait for any sign from Irina.

Irina never showed, and we waited for almost a week. I was reading a novel about the werewolves, smirking at some of the fabricated information, Nicola was sat next to me reading her own book, expanding her mind more, everyone else is gathered and listening to Edward play the piano when Alice has a vision of the Volturi coming to Forks to kill them all and drops the vase of flowers she was carrying. "What is it, Alice?" Jasper asks instantly by her side.

"The Volturi. They're coming for us. Aro, Caius, Marcus, the Guard. And lrina." Alice says, scared.

"Honey, come here." I heard Bebe whisper, Renesmee walked over to her mother and clung onto her tightly, Nicola was already with me, her body hiding behind mine.

"Why?" I questioned, a frown on my face. 

"What did Irina see in the woods?" Edward questioned.

"We were just walking." I answered, shrugging.

"Ness and Nicola were catching snowflakes." Jake answered.

"Of course. Irina thinks Renesmee and Nicola are immortal children." Edward says, and Carlisle sighs before speaking up. He starts to recount the history of the immortal children. 

"The immortal children were very beautiful. So enchanting. To be near them was to love them. But their development was frozen at the age they were turned. They couldn't be taught or restrained. A single tantrum could destroy an entire village. Humans heard about the devastation. Stories spread. The Volturi were forced to intervene. Since the Children couldn't protect our secret, they had to be destroyed." Carlisle stated, I frowned, trying to remember any of this from my hunting days, but it came up blank, I thought maybe my siblings may know something and they could give me a hand.

"So the Denali's' mother made an immortal Child?" Bebe questioned.

"Yes. And she paid the price." Carlisle stated, and I clenched my teeth, as I thought about the mothers death, all because she wanted them all to live.

"Well, Renesmee's nothing like those children. She was born, not bitten. She grows every single day." Bebe stressed her eyes wide with fear.

"As well as Nicola," I stressed, holding her to myself closely.

"So can't you just explain that to the Volturi?" Jacob said.

"Aro has enough proof in Irina's thoughts." Edward said, sighing.

"So we fight." Jacob stated, stating the obvious to all of us, a slight silence filled the room.

"Their offensive weapons are too powerful. No one can stand against Jane, Kara might be able to, but not us," Jasper said, shaking his head.

"Alec's even worse." Alice whispered.

"Well, then we convince them. And if it leads to a fight, I think this time, we let Kara lead the fight." Bebe said, and I smiled slightly. I closed my eyes for a moment as Nik came to my side, his ghostly hand on my shoulder.

"They're coming to kill us, not to talk." Emmett muttered, crossing his arms.

"No, you're right. They won't listen to us. But maybe others can convince them. Carlisle, you have friends all around the world." Edward started and I quickly caught onto what he was saying.

"I won't ask them to fight." Carlisle states firmly.

"Not fight. Witness. If enough people knew the truth, maybe we could convince the Volturi to listen." I said, and Edward nodded his head to me. I watched Esme turn to Carlisle. 

"We can ask this of our friends." Esme said agreeing with myself. 

"At least we get to go to London again. We haven't been there in a long time. Last time I was there, I had been beheaded," I giggled, Esme nodding agreeing with me.

"All right. Let's get this show on the road." Jacob says clapping his hands together.

"Kara," Carlisle whispered.

"You want me to stay, yes?" I questioned smiling. Carlisle nodded and I closed my eyes leaning into his arms, Nicola running off to find Seth. "I can do that for you and I, I'll stay, and anyway, I have a few friends from the other side to speak with," I said with a smirk sliding across my face. Carlisle smiled and left to go pack and say goodbye to Nicola.

'You'll win this war Sorella, and I'll be right behind you,' Nik's voice whispered through and I smiled.

"Elijah?" I questioned smirking.

'No one hurts our family,' Elijah stated, before we all looked to each other and I nodded, the pair leaving to speak with everyone from the other side.