Chapter Ten

I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong

I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles.
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

When it is time for the Volturi to arrive, my family and our witnesses, all gather are met in a large, snow-covered field, Garret stands next to Kate as they watch and wait. "If we live through this, I'll follow you anywhere, woman." I hear Garrett whisper.

"Now you tell me." Kate whispers with a smirk. I look up as I hear the Volturi and their army getting closer.

"The Redcoats are coming! The Redcoats are coming!" Garrett mutters as he bounces from one foot to the other. Suddenly Aro and his army become visible and it's clear that they outnumber us, Edward watches Aro as they walk towards us.

"Aro's looking for Alice." Edward stated as Aro's army comes closer, I look behind me to see the wolf packs coming out to join us and our witnesses, Jacob in his wolf form comes and stands next Bella, Renesmee and Edward. While Seth and Leah come to mine, Carlisle's and Nicola's side. Aro and his army stand in a line facing us all, Carlisle smiles to me softly before letting me go and moving forward.

"Aro, let us discuss things as we used to. In a civilized manner." Carlisle said with a calm in his voice but a stance that means he would be ready for any attack on himself.

"Fair words, Carlisle. But a little out of place, given the battalion you've assembled against us." Aro sneered.

"I can promise you, that was never my intent. No laws have been broken." Carlisle spoke, trying to keep all of us calm.

"We see the children. Do not treat us as fools." Caius shouted.

"They are not Immortals!" Carlisle growled. "These witnesses can attest to that. Or you can look. See the flush of human blood in their cheeks."

Caius in a fit of rage shouts at us again. "Artifice!"

"I will collect every facet of the truth. But from someone more central to the story. Edward, as the child and her cousin cling to their newborn mothers, I assume you and Carlisle are involved." Aro states, Edward looks at Bebe and I and then makes his way towards Aro, as Bebe watches Edward walk towards Aro she uses her powers to shield Edward. As Edwards reaches Aro he extends his hand, Aro takes it and uses his power to read his thoughts and realizes that Renesmee and Nicola are not immortal children. "I'd like to meet them." Aro says a thoughtful smile stretching across his face. Edward turns and looks at Bebe, myself, Nicola and Renesmee, then Bebe and I, along with Renesmee, Nicola, Jacob, joined by Emmett walk towards Aro. Seth staying back, knowng I wouldn't let anything happen to Nicola. "Ah. Young Bella. Immortality becomes you. As does to you Karlene," Aro smiles before he shrieks with laughter as he hears Renesmee's and Nicola's hearts beating. "I hear their strange hearts." He says as he holds his hand out and Renesmee with Nicola behind her go closer to him.

"Hello," Nicola says, a glare on her face, she has no trust in the man in front of her.

"Hello, Aro." Renesmee says and touches Aro's cheek, using her powers on him, Aro becomes transfixed by what she shows him.

"Magnifico! Half mortal, half immortal. Conceived and carried by this newborn while she was still human. And the young one born of a demonised vampire." Aro says laughing with astonishment.

Caius in shock shouts. "Impossible!"

Aro turns to his brother with a glare. "Do you think they fooled me, brother?" We all turn and head back to our respective families. Nicola was quick to climb atop Seth and sat down, Seth shook a little to help her get situated as I smiled pleasantly at the pair.

"Bring the informer forward." Caius ordered, and Irina is brought towards Caius and Aro. "Are they the children you saw?"

"I'm not sure." Irina muttered, now realising what she had caused.

"Jane." Caius muttered, I watched the small blonde move forward and saw the fear in Irina's face.

Irina spoke quickly not wanting to feel Jane's power. "They've changed. The children are bigger."

"Then your allegations were false." Caius said, a gleam in his eyes.

"The Cullen's are innocent. I take full responsibility for my mistake. I'm sorry." Irina whispered knowing what is to come.

"Caius, no!" Edward shouts having read the mans mind. Felix steps forward and hits Irina and snaps her head off.

"Irina!" Tanya screams as Caius then sets fire to the rest of Irina's body, Kate and Tanya scream and run towards Aro and his army, Garrett gets hold of Kate, she uses her power to electrocute him, Edward then turns to Zafrina.

"Blind them." Edward ordered. Zafrina uses her power to blind Kate and Tanya, stopping them from attacking

"We must attack!" Tanya shouts angered. I sigh softly and walk over to them both.

"Tanya, this is what they want. If you attack now, we'll all die." I whispered. "Think of all of us here, Irina would not wish for all of us to be killed," I whispered, and I look to Zafrina who nods and stops using her powers.

"Pain." I hear a whisper and see Jane is using her powers on Edward who falls in pain, but Bebe manages to use her power to shield Edward, he gets up and walks towards Bella.

"It's working." Edward whispered as we both go back to see Bebe smiles as Jane realizes her powers are useless against her shield, then Alec steps forward and tries to use his deadly vapor but Aro stops him.

"Aro, you see there's no law broken here." Carlisle stated, hoping that all of this would end now.

"Agreed." Aro says but I see Nicola frown at the man in front of us. "But does it then follow that there is no danger? For the first time in our history humans pose a threat to our kind. Their modern technology has given birth to weapons that could destroy us. Maintaining our secret has never been more imperative. In such perilous times, only the known is safe. Only the known is tolerable. And we know nothing of what this child will become. Can we live with such uncertainty? Spare ourselves a fight today, only to die tomorrow."