Chapter Eleven

A warrior takes responsibility for his acts, for the most trivial of acts

A warrior takes responsibility for his acts, for the most trivial of acts. An average man acts out his thoughts, and never takes responsibility for what he does.  

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bebe and I climb out of the taxi. It pulls away, leaving us on the curb facing the deserted building. Bella twirls her mother's ring around her finger, then reaches for the pepper spray. "I can't bring myself to regret the decisions that brought me face to face with death... they also brought me to Edward." She whispered. "And they brought us closer together." She whispers and I smile taking her hand squeezing it.

"Let's do this," I whispered dropping her hand and walking forward. Bebe takes a breath, approaches the school but stays behind me. We peer in the windows. The blinds are drawn. But from inside, we hear a faint sound...

"Bella? Bella?" I heard Rene and both Bebe, and I nodded. It's time. Bebe and I go to the front door. It's unlocked. As we both cautiously enter this grand, empty room of mirrors. A ballet bar wraps around the walls. "Bella, where are you?" I hear Rene again and Bebe whirls, trying to find its source. I grip the crossbow in my hand tightly as Bebe hides behind me. But we both walk forward and hear Rene voice again coming from the closet. I throw open the door to FIND - A T.V. Bebe, age 7, hides in the very closet the T.V. is in now. Little Bebe looks up at us. "Don't you want to dance, baby?" Rene asked little Bebe. Little Bebe shakes her head stubbornly. The frame jiggles as Rene hands someone the camera. Rene, ten years younger, appears on screen and kneels next to Bebe.

"Everyone makes fun of me." Little Bebe said stubbornly.

"But you're a wonderful dancer." Rene states.

"Mom, I suck." She said. I flinch as I hear laughter behind us. We spin, trying to locate James in the mirrors.

"That's my favourite part. Stubborn, weren't you?" He questions as I hold the crossbow tightly. Bebe's face flushes with rage... and relief.

"She's not here." Bebe stated.

"Sorry. But you really made it too easy." He sighed. Now visible in the mirror, he sighs, disappointed. Then he steps up next to us and points a video camera at Bebe and me. "So, to make things more entertaining, I'm going to make a little film of our time together. Borrowed this from your house. Hope you don't mind." He stated and turned it on. "And... action!" He cried, and I did exactly as he said I acted and shot the arrow at him.

"Run," I growled as my eyes turned into their cat like slit. Bebe does what I ordered and goes for the door as James takes the arrow out of his abdomen.

"You think that'll hurt me?" He questions a chuckle aimed my way.

"No, but this will," I growled as I pressed the button on the crossbow, the arrow started beeping before it exploded in his hand. James screamed in pain. I ran straight at him and kicked him back sending him flying. Bebe looked around from a pillar as I ran to her, only to be flung away and smashing into the glass. I growled in pain as I pulled the glass from my stomach. I shook my head to stop the dizzy spell and heard Bebe scream as James crushed her leg.