Chapter Five

"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory

"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Standing with Jacob and Carlisle, I watch as Sam comes walking to the house Paul with him. I smile to Paul and nod, allowing him into our home to see Hope. Sam gives Carlisle a note. "Alice asked me to give you that. She and Jasper crossed our lands to the ocean last night." Sam said as we nod and head inside our home.

Carlisle reads the note and looks at all of us. "Carlisle?" I questioned.

"They've left us." Carlisle says.

"Why?" Rosalie asks, her beautiful face showing confusion.

"She didn't say." Carlisle sighed.

"Can I see that?" Bebe asks, and Carlisle hands her the note, I walk over and read it as well.

"Gather as many witnesses as you can before the snow sticks to the ground. That's when they'll come." I read aloud for the others and I watch as Bebe turns the note over and shows a torn page from 'The Merchant of Venice' by William Shakespeare.

'Alice's instructions were clear, but the question remained. Why would she and Jasper leave now when we needed them most? What did they know? Our search for witnesses began with a trip north to our closest relatives.'

Bebe, myself, Nicola, Jacob and Edward drove to the Denali's house, once when we finally parked, I nodded to Edward as he gets out of the car and walks up to them.

"Edward, is everything all right? Why didn't you tell us you were coming?" Tanya questioned, as we all listened in with our heightened hearing.

"Is it Irina? Have you heard from her?" Carmen asked.

"Not directly." Edward answered.

"Why is your bride and mother waiting in the car?" Eleazar asked, frowning towards us.

"And why have you brought a wolf with you? I can smell him from here." Kate growled, clear annoyance on her face.

"My family is in danger. I need your help." Edward said, a pleading tone filling the other's ears.

"What's happened?" Carmen asked.

"It's hard to explain but I need you to be open-minded. Can you do that?" Edward asked.

"Of course." Tanya replied and I turned smiling at the two girls and Jacob and Bebe.

"Okay. Time to meet some new people." I said smiling.

"What if they don't like me?" Renesmee questioned, as Nicola held her hand tightly.

"They'll love you." Jacob said.

"They will. Once they understand you." Bebe said smiling.

"They just haven't met anyone like us before." Nicola said, a giant smile on her face, Renesmee instantly clamed down when Nicola spoke.

"Okay." I said sighing, and we all got out of the car the Denali's are immediately shocked at seeing Renesmee and Nicola.

"The Volturi will come for all of us." Kate whimpered.

"You get that thing out of here." Tanya ordered; her eyes filled with rage.

"They aren't what they look like." Edward argued.

"This is a crime!" Tanya shouts and suddenly attacks Edward and he quickly pushes her aside, Kate then attacks Edward, but Bebe quickly jumps in and throws Kate aside, then both Kate and Tanya move to attack Edward and Bebe.

"Stop!" I ordered, my eyes going red, veins running down my face, Nicola's own face doing the same, her instinct to protect Renesmee kicking in almost like myself for when I would protect Bebe when she was human.

"Stay back!" Bebe ordered coming to the girls sides.

"She has blood in her veins. You can feel her warmth." Edward starts trying to calm the fight.

"I can feel it." Carmen whispers, staring at our two little girls.

"I'm her biological father. Bella is her mother. Kara is Nicola's mother and Carlisle is her father." Edward says.

"Impossible." Kate scoffed.

"It's true. She was born while I was still human." Bebe said.

"I was always able to have a child because of who I am," I answer as well. "You all know I am different," I said, and they all nodded.

"I've never heard of such a thing." Eleazar whispered.

"She can show you, if you let her." Edward said and Jacob brings Renesmee towards the Denali's. "Tanya, you owe us this much. We're all under a death sentence because your sister didn't let us explain." Edward says and Renesmee with Nicola at her side raises her hand and places it on Tanya's cheek, the woman closes her eyes and see's what Renesmee had seen.

"It's true. She's not immortal. Neither is Nicola," Tanya said, I smiled glad they had accepted our offer.

'I knew the rest of our family would face this fear as well. Fear of the unknown. Fear of the Volturi.'

*Carlisle's POV*

Myself and Esme had finally gotten to my old friends house, our travelling here was done with much haste as I feared for both my wife and daughters life. When we had reached Amun's home I had explained everything to him, but he did not wish to help. "Amun, please!" I pleaded following the man.

"I cannot help you, Carlisle." Amun answered, his unwillingness aggravating me.

"I wouldn't ask if it weren't urgent." I growled.

"You must go." Amun ordered, when he is suddenly stopped by the rising water, creating a wall, blocking Amun's exit.

Esme and I turned to see a young man and girl standing together. "I'd like to hear about it. I never get to meet any of Amun's friends. He likes to keep me hidden." The young man said smiling cheekily.

"I can't imagine why." I chuckled as the young man makes the water fall back into the pool, and he walks up to me and shakes my hand. "Carlisle."

"Benjamin." The young man said, smiling brightly. I knew he and my wife would get along well. I even think that Kol, Nicola and Benjamin would be the best of friends. I'm not sure how good that may be or how terrifying it may be.