" Strategy of seduction?" He asked with a smirk

I shrugged tossing him my skirt. " Why change what works."

" I let you win." Lucas teased referencing to the party he hosted last year. I scoffed at his words.

" Keep telling your self that," I replied while tying my hair in a ponytail. A silence fell between us, his eyes lighten and his lips twitched as if he wanted to say something, but the light left and he simply said.

" Best of luck KP."

" Lucas wait!" He turned and faced me again the light flashing in his eyes for just a second.

" Jasper... " I breathed " go easy on em."

Lucas didn't reply instantly. He's looked at me intensive as if they were searching for an answer.

" Why do you baby him?"

What?

" I- I don't."

" Yes do."

"I-" He waited for the words, but I had no response.
Do I baby Jasper?

I was protective, I cared for him. I had to be his voice because he didn't speak... But did Jasper really need me to speak for him anymore?

" He's a big boy KP. He doesn't need you saving him all the time. And if he does maybe this game well toughen him up." He shrugged running his hands through his golden hair.

" He is tough." I exclaimed.

" You're doing it again." he chuckled

" Doing what."

" Babying him."

" You're doing it again... Being an ass." I insulted.

" Not my fault your boyfriends soft." The amused look on his face made it obvious he was enjoying getting under my skin, its what he seems to do best and loved doing.

" He's not soft." I defended. Lucas raised an eyebrow. " But he's your boyfriend?"

I wish.

"Potential." I smirked knowing it would bother him.  Lucas's jaw clenched at my reply. Jealously practically leaking out of his pores. That glint in his eyes was gone, his charismatic smile had vanished.

With a stone-cold expression, he grabbed one of the plastic dart guns and dropped it in my hands.

" You sure know how to play dirty KP." He grumbled, before walking off.

                   A loud whistle echoed through the night signaling for us to get in our places. Soon enough a guy came tying a string around my ankle. The pink balloon floated behind to my waist and googles around my eyes just in case people had sucky shots.

Lucas had been clear on the rules of the game.

Protect your balloon.

And don't be the first one shot or your out.

Don't be in the bottom 4 or your in Purgatory.

Objective: Be in the top five. And get the ticket.

We were all scattered around Lucas's huge backyard with determination on our faces. Lucas watched down from his balcony as if he was the kind of the land while I hide behind a bush.