Chapter 68

Anastasia POV

As I rolled over the next morning, I realized that Emma was still sleeping. I looked at my phone and realized I had 8 missed calls from Travis and 13 text messages. Rushing out of the dorm to call him back in the hallway because I didn't want to wake up Emma.

"Anastasia! Where have you been? I've been worried sick!" Travis yelled through the phone and I made sure to lower the volume a bit.

"Travis I am so so sorry! We went to the party last night and Emma got drunk and she got into a fight with Darcy and we came back to the dorm and we both fell asleep and I just woke up now and noticed that you've called me. I am so so so sorry!" I rushed out to him, making sure to keep my voice low so I wouldn't cause any commotion.

"You had me so worr- wait.. Emma got into a fight? Who's Darcy? Are you guys okay? How'd you guys get home?" he asked me a series of questions without giving me a chance to answer.

"Darcy is just some girl that we met in the library the other day and I guess her and Emma have a bad history so when she invited us over, Emma got drunk and she ended up jumping on top of her and punching her a few times until some guy picked her up. We got a cab and came here to sleep it off and I woke up and now I'm talking to you." I explained to him.

"Are you guys okay?" he hurriedly asked me.

"Yes we are, thanks to uh... one of your men?" I asked him confused.

"Oh yeah. About that.." he trailed off.

"You have people watching me Travis?" I asked annoyed and little angry.

"Yes Anastasia but it's just for protection. It's because I'm not there to do so." he whined.

"I can protect myself Travis." I told him sternly while pacing the dorm hallway.

"No you can't Anastasia. Look what happened at the last party and not to mention Liam. You obviously can't protect yourself and you clearly need some bodyguards." he told me.

"Excuse me? Now you are bringing my past into this on how I need help protecting myself, really Travis!" I said a little louder.

"If I wasn't there at the party or the pool room, I don't know what would have hap-"

"You're right Travis, you don't!" I shouted. "I don't need a babysitter or in this case, babysitters." I told him sternly.

"Anastasia, I didn't mean it like th-"

I cut him off before he had the chance to finish.

"Well, that's the way I took it Travis. Now I need to go check Emma and see if she is awake yet."

"Anastasia wait! I'm so-"

I hung up on him.

Travis POV

"Anastasia, I didn't mean it like th-"

She cut me off before I had the chance to finish.

"Well, that's the way I took it Travis. Now I need to go check Emma and see if she is awake yet."

"Anastasia wait! I'm so-"

She hung up on me.

Fuck.

What the fuck.

"Damnit!" I yelled out-loud to myself.

"What's going on?" Tyler asked me with Olivia trailing behind him. Her hair was in a bun and it got darker since the last time I saw her and her eyes are just as brown as before.

"Nothing. Hi Olivia." I gave her a hug.

"Nice to see you again Travis" she smiled at me while holding Tyler's hand. Can that be me and Anastasia right now?

"How was the flight?" I asked her while checking my screen for any phone calls or texts. Nothing.

"It was tiring! The time change has me all messed up. Hey thanks for letting us stay here." she told me sincerely.

"No need to thank me. Make yourself feel at home." I smiled to her while Tyler grabbed her bags from her and they went up the stairs to his suite.

"Come here and spill." Penny smiled while gesturing me to sit on one of the stools at the kitchen island with her.

"Nothing's wrong." I told her while sitting down across from her.

"Travis. Don't lie to me." Damnit. She knows me too well.

"That obvious huh?" She nodded. "I screwed up.. again."

"Why do you think that?" She asked me concerned.

"She hung up on me because I brought up her past when I know I shouldn't have." I fake smiled.

"And?" she dragged out.

"And what?" I have no idea what she's talking about.

"And... there's something else you are keeping from me."

"I kind of hired some people..." I carried off.

"What do you mean hired people?" Penny asked knowing where I was going with this.

"I hired men to watch her." I half smiled, afraid to look at her.

"Travis.." she started but didn't finish.

"I know I know."

"No you don't know.. that's something that has to go through her first and she needs to accept that before you turn her into your little puppy."

"I didn't turn her into a little pup-"

"Travis, you practically put her in a little cage with big dogs surrounding her and trying to protect her when she can't even breath and they don't know it's hurting her." Penny explained.

"When you put it that way..."

"I'm always right.. now is the time where you call her apologize or even surprise her and show up there. If you want to protect her, that is fine and you are doing the right thing, you just need her to confirm it first. She's in control of her life, not you."

She's right.

"Thanks Penny." I smiled while getting off the stool and kissing the top of her head.

"Don't thank me! Now go, sweetie." and on that cue, I walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

I packed my bags and walked down the stairs. I walked over to the speaker phone and went on the itercom.

"Bye boys! I will be back in the morning. Going to visit Anastasia." I told them while hanging the phone up after I heard all their goodbyes.

"Bye Penny. Thank you and I love you." I walked up to her giving her a hug and walking out the door.

I decided since it was somewhat a nice day out today, I was going to take my BMW i8 out of my garage for a nice drive and give Paul the day off.

I hit the button to my drivers side door on the key and my butterfly door opened and I got in and hit the button to shut it. I started my engine and oh what a lovely sound it was. I backed out of the garage and headed down the driveway, off to see my beautiful Anastasia.