Chapter 64

January 10, 2019 9:16pm

When I look at him, I see a thousand stories carved into his eyes. Memories, laughter. I see the person he once was. The person he has been, and the person I can't wait to discover.

I've been through so much that he knows of. I've left the guy that was in my life before him. I left him because he wasn't Travis. Liam treated me like shit and I knew that I needed to get away. I knew that if I stayed, it would get worse and worse. So I left, and it was the best damn feeling leaving his house for the last time and not looking back... until the fight. I'm grateful for the fight. I don't like seeing Travis like that and I think it's bad what he did... but was it honestly that really bad? He helped me in a way that no one else could. He got Liam away from me, for good and no matter how mad I was at Travis for it, I will thank him every single day because my anxiety list has one less bullet.

After Liam, I convinced myself that I would stay single because I hated the way men treated women. Then, he came along and I felt like I was just writing him down in this journal and not actually living this. Then I woke up and I believed that he wasn't just a fairytale but, he was him. I wish for his body constantly next to mine so I can look over at him and touch him, and tell myself that he really is here.

Meeting Travis for the first time was... interesting. I swear I can still feel the football hitting my head and the drinks spilt all over one of my favorite shirts. But, I'm here now, we are here now... and now is the best feeling I've had in a while. I feel like me again... and I feel something that I never thought I'd feel again after Liam.... I feel free and I feel alive and I feel safe. And let me tell you that those, are the best damn feelings in the world. For that, I have to thank Travis.

"Are you ready for class?" Emma asked me while I shut my journal and put it under my pillow.

"Definitely!" I smiled while grabbing my bag off the floor, putting it on my shoulder and walking out the door with her.

"It's going to be weird not seeing Travis here anymore." She stated sadly.

"It is, especially sad. I already miss him but that's my luck right? Finally being in a good place and then something happens." I told her with a frown.

"No no no. You aren't going to slouch over here, I won't let it. Nothing bad happened between you two Ana. He is going to do what he wanted to do for a while and you are right by his side." She told me proud of her speech.

"But I'm not right by his side Em." I gestured to the side of me that she wasn't on.

"But he's here." She told me touching her chest.

"I'm just afraid that it won't work out."

"Hey hey... you guys were apart for a while and you weren't even together then so trust me, it will absolutely work out." She told me nodding her head smiling at me.

Travis POV

"Hey boys!" I yelled as my brothers jumped out of the car and onto my driveway.

"Trav!" Tyler yelled while shutting the car door.

"What's going on dude?" Tate asked me while picking up one of his suitcases.

"How you been?" Trevor asked me as he was shutting the car door on the other side.

"What's going on guys? I'm doing great!" I told them while shaking their hands and pulling them in for hugs.

I asked them to come live with me since I was home again and I didn't want to be by myself. My brother Tate is going to be my personal trainer and nutritionist since he is certified because he works at a boxing gym. Trevor and Tyler kind of just came along. It is going to be great having us under the same roof again since it's been a while.

"Have you talked to Anastasia yet, or is she still shutting you out?" Trevor asked me while walking to the kitchen and grabbing a beer. "You guys want one?"

"Yes"

"Yeah"

"I'll take one too and no she is not shutting me out anymore. We are finally on good terms, great terms actually." I couldn't help but smile at the mention of her name.

"Ouuu look at our little bro." Tate cooed while popping open a bottle.

"Leave him alone guys." Tyler yelled at them while grabbing a beer from Trevor's hand. He looked at me and smiled. "They're just jealous because their little bros are doing a much better job with the ladies than they are." He smirked at them and I laughed.

Tyler is the second youngest and he's had a girlfriend for about two years now.

"Mhm" I told him while taking a sip of my beer. "How is Olivia?" I asked him smiling.

His face instantly lit up when I mentioned her.

"Shes amazing man, she's with her parents right now in Georgia and then she'll be back. I can't wait for her to come home." He told me taking a swig of his beer.

"Is she coming here too?" I asked him.

"Well, since I have my own suite, I was going to ask if she could..."

"Don't ask man, my home is your home." I smiled at him.

"Alright you lovebirds, the real men are going to put their shit away in their suites while you guys are drooling over some women." Tate yelled and Trevor just nodded his head.