Chapter 40

"Yes they are." I told him while sitting on the bed.

"Yes what is?" Travis sat down with a confused look.

"Yes they are... burn marks." I fumbled with my fingers, not being able to look up at him.

"Anastasia," Travis sighed while putting his hand on my knee "Did Liam do this to you?"

"Yes... a few times he did but it was mostly my fault. I did things that I shouldn't have. I went out with my friends when he told me not to, I chose studying for a test over seeing him, I even had a beer at a family party that I went to. They were little things like that which I should have known that they would make him mad. I shouldn't have done them, but I did. So him doing this, me getting these marks, was all me. My fault." I told him as a tear fell down my cheek.

"Anastasia, absolutely not! How can you even say that this was your fault? You are not at fault here. You did nothing wrong. Liam, Liam did this. This was all him. How could he have done this to you?" Travis said softly.

"Cattle prod," was all I could manage to get out "He.. he.. it was the worst feeling and I knew when it was coming and I couldn't stop him. He was too strong. I fought, I tried to fight each time and if I told anyone what he did, then he told me he'd do it again twice as much." I cried.

"Oh my.. Anastasia," Travis said with tears in his eyes "I'm so sorry. Come here."

He started moving towards me with open arms, I moved back. "No please, please no," I pleaded "I won't let it happen again. I won't survive it."

"I won't hurt you. Come here, this will never happen to you again. Never! I'm right by your side. He will never hurt you, no one will." He said while moving closer to me and giving me a hug. I fell into his chest as I hugged him back. It was that moment that I needed. I couldn't help but let it all out. Tears of build up, cries and whimpers that needed to be let out from each burn, each bruise, each scratch. When one tear came down, the rest followed and I couldn't stop. My body wouldn't let me. He just hugged me tightly until my body went numb from all the stress I put on myself. The weight of the world on my shoulders. I couldn't breathe from the inside. I felt like I was drowning in my tears. Eventually, I got dried up so no more tears could come out and I had no more voice to cry anymore. He picked me up and laid me down in bed, he laid beside me and I rested my head on his chest and drifted off to sleep.