Chapter 6

It took us about ten minutes from our house to this house. So many people are here it's crazy! As soon as we walk in, Emma goes straight for the alcohol.

"Tequila?" Emma asked.

"Yes! Just know I'm a lightweight though, so I can't drink too much."

"Nonsense! You should be drinking. It's Friday night and classes don't start until Monday. You'll be fine! I don't get drunk fast so I'll take good care of you." She stayed while handing me a red solo cup filled halfway with tequila.

"Are you trying to kill me?" I asked her while looking in my cup to find only tequila.

"Let loose. Have fun and enjoy!" She said while grabbing herself a cup. We learned today that we are both of age, since we went to community college before this for a few years. So it is legal for us. It was hard to move anywhere because of all the people. There's a dance floor, DJ, alcohol, just people having fun. I should have some fun too. I deserve it. My ex never let me have fun, otherwise he'd lecture me for weeks after and we'd get in a huge fight. I couldn't do much because he'd interrogate me, so I tried to ignore that bar drinking and party stuff.

"Let's go dance!" Emma said, getting me out of my trance. She grabbed my arm and pulled me to the dance floor.

"Everyone's looking at us! Maybe we should go walk around some more!" I raised my voice so she could hear me over the loud music.

"That's because you are gorgeous! Look at those long legs and hair! Don't get me started about those eyes!"

I laughed and yelled, "If I'm gorgeous, then you are.. breathtakingly hot girl!"

We just laughed and danced like we were the only two people in the room. We were having fun. For the first time in my life, I was really having fun. I enjoyed being myself. I don't have to be scared anymore of what I have to go home to or that I'm scared of being my full self. I deserve this journey and I deserve this fun.

We were on our second glass and I was getting pretty tipsy, so I walked off the dance floor to get a bottle of water. As I was drinking, I was watching Emma. This girl is crazy but so fun. She'll get me out of my comfort zone and this is something I need more than anything. I set the bottle of water down on the table and went to look for the bathroom. After walking around for ten minutes, I finally found a bathroom. I went to go shut the bathroom door when Someone pushed it open. Before I could process what was happening, I felt a hand on my lower back. I turned around to see a drunk guy that was full of sweat. He was pushing me up against him, touching my lower back with one hand and grabbing my ass with another hand.