Wrapping a sheer black gown over my black silk shorts and matching spaghetti top, I tiptoed downstairs towards the room.

Opening the brown door, I was met with a sight of a huge, clean room. The walls were painted in simple grey and there was a big silver colored chandelier hanging in the center of the room.

There was a huge window at the opposite end of the room, facing the fancy garden and black sheer curtains hung loosely from the railing. It was simple, just the way I preferred it.

I texted Nate and told him to bring all the necessary stuff I need for this room by tomorrow morning.

----

The next morning, right after Adam left for office, all my equipment was delivered here and I was ecstatic about it. Finally, something to kill time.

"Hey." I said balancing my phone between my ear and shoulder and reversing my car out of the driveway.

"hey babe, what's up?" Nate asked.

"Nothing, going to the hospital. You?" I ask.

"Uh, gotta tell you something. Can we meet today at lunch?" he asked.

"Uh not possible. How about dinner?" I suggested.

"Alright, see you then." he said and hung up. Typical Nate.

Walking inside the hospital, I found Anne and Adrian waiting in the lounge. I hug them both and look at Anne who's glowing. Pregnancy really did suit her.

"Here for the check up, I'm assuming." I said and they both nodded.

"How's Adam treating you?" Anne asked sourly. I guess Nate filled her in.

"Just like the rest." I shrugged and a sad look washed over her face.

"Hey, hey. I'm fine Anne." I smiled and she frowned.

"I can't believe it Bella." she shook her head in disappointment and I said nothing further. Looking at Adrian who had an angry scowl plastered on his face, I nodded towards the gynecologist section and practically shoved them inside.

I really don't need this drama early in the morning. I know they care for me but I am fine. It's the usual, they shouldn't even be bothered anymore but here these shitheads are.

Everything after that passed in a blur, I had a surgery to perform and after that Diana came in with Ivan for her weekly check up. She's improving and that's a good sign. Although one wrong move and she's done for. God forbid.

Somebody knocked on my office door and Zach came in the next second.

"I didn't ask you to come in." I teased making him roll his eyes.

In a short span of time, Zach and I had actually grown pretty close and I appreciate his presence a lot. I guess you are thankful for every single thing when you have so little to appreciate in life. 

"How are you?" he asked settling in the chair opposite to mine.

"Alive and kicking. You?" I smirked.

"Good." he replied looking at me skeptically which made me chuckle.

"Relax." I said.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Zach, you know I appreciate everything in my life. Whatever that's left I mean." I sighed deeply and continued "Nate and Anne are my best friends and I never thought I'd ever find another one. I smiled at him and he smiled back unsure of what's coming next.

"You see the thing is your Adam's best friend which means you know everything that has happened in his life before I came in the picture." I paused and looked up at him again. He gulped but I saw a masked expression taking over his features.

"You know how he treats me, don't you?" I ask raising a brow and he nodded rather shamefully.

"Savannah I-" he started but I raised a hand silencing him.

"You don't have to be sorry, not your fault." I smiled.

"Zach, I'm not new to this treatment. In fact, my-my-" I took a deep breath to calm myself "my entire life, I have endured it. Worse, actually." I chuckled humorlessly.

I was not angry, just sad. Pitying my worthless and burdensome self.

"What do you mean?" he asked in confusion and concern.

"I'll tell you what I mean if you answer this one simple question of mine, truthfully might I add." I look at him dead in the eye.

When he didn't speak, I took that as a cue to continue and chose my next words carefully.

"What is Adam's relation with Amelia?"