42

And it happened.

The lightning strikes again.

Jungkook POV:

We both jumped back, parting away from each other all because of the loud noise from the storm.

It was so close, I can almost feel her lips on mine.

Maybe it's not the right time yet. I guess.

Now things just got awkward.

(Y/n) just sat at the other end of the sofa with her hands on her thighs and her head hung low. She looked so scared and nervous.

"(Y/n)? A-are you okay?" I stuttered.

"I-I'm fine, l-let's go to sleep" She answered without looking directly at me. She even stutters a lot more than I do.

"O-okay, um, yeah.." I scratched the back of my neck as the tension around us grew even more awkward.

(Y/n) rushed to her bed which is on the first floor after saying goodnight to me. I didn't even get the chance to greet her goodnight back.

I laid down on the sofa, trying to fall asleep but the image of me and (y/n) almost kiss still keeps lingering around me. I tossed and turned around the sofa until I fell off with a loud thud. (Y/n) came to check up on me and once I told her I was fine, she went back to bed.

I let out a long sigh, of course, quietly so that I won't wake (y/n) up again.

Since I couldn't sleep, I just let my mind does whatever it wants. Later on, I guess at around 3:30 in the morning, I finally drifted off to sleep.

Your POV:

We both leaned in, our lips almost touching, and..

I abruptly wakes up from the dream that I currently had.

Oh god, why did I even dream about it after what happened last night? I guess my mind is playing with me.

I shake off the thoughts and got out of bed. I took a shower, did my morning routine and went downstairs to make breakfast.

I walked over to the sofa to check if Jungkook has already woken up but he hasn't yet.

I guess he couldn't sleep because of what happened last night, I mean I did went to check on him at around 3 in the morning when I heard a loud thud after all.

But gosh, is his cheeks super squishable. I just want to pinch his cute reddish cheeks and pinch his cute nose.

No, stop fantasizing.

I cleared my mind and proceed to go the kitchen.

I made breakfast for both of us which is eggs, one buttered slice of bread each, and along with a hot tea.