27

3rd Person POV:

"Have you ordered yet?" (y/n)'s mother asked.

"U-um, no, not y-yet" (y/n) stuttered.

"You should have ordered something, you must be hungry" she smiled once again.

"It's o-okay, I wasn't really h-hungry.." (y/n) scratches the back of her neck. She stutters so much that she thinks she's going on a first date. Except for this one, it was worrisome not excitements.

"How's your study?" (y/n)'s father asked as he pours tea into the small cup.

(Y/n) opened her eyes widely. She can't believe this actually comes out from his mouth, again and again. Yet, she couldn't stand up for herself so she abide.

"It was fine..." Her voice began to loosen.

"I hope you're not too caught up in something useless again, just like you were back in grade 10" Her father didn't even make any eye contact with her.

"I was not" she bit her lip. "I'm catching up with my lessons pretty good"

"Great, I hope to see a good outcome soon enough"

(Y/n) sunk back in her chair. She wanted to cry but she mustn't. She must stay strong.

Before another conversation was about to be brought up, the waitress came and served everyone their dinner.

Throughout the whole dinner, no one starts a conversation. (Y/n) looked at her parents, she noticed they were eating their dinner in a well mannered way, unlike herself. She wanted to start a conversation but as she look at them eating in silent, she decided that it'll better not to do so.

After finishing their meal, (y/n)'s mother starts a conversation immediately.

"So (y/n), since you're all grown up now, there's something we wanted to do for you" (y/n)'s mother said. Excitements were clearly heard in her tone of voice.

(Y/n) was confused. What are they planning?

"Our business partner wanted their son to marry you, although since you're still studying, they'd like for the both of you to get engaged first"

(Y/n) was stunned. No words were coming out from her mouth. She just stares at them emotionlessly as they continued to speak out the matter happily.

 She just stares at them emotionlessly as they continued to speak out the matter happily

"Have you thought about what I wanted?" (y/n) mumbles. She clenches her fist tightly, her nails almost pricking into her own skin.

"What is it my dear?"

"Have you guys ever thought about what I wanted?" (y/n) asks them, her facial expression was plain and stiff, her eyes show no emotion at all.

Both of her parents looked at eachother and then back at (y/n).

"What are you saying, (y/n)?" (y/n)'s father raised his voice slightly.

She flinched. She was scared. But this was way out of her league, she can't lose.

"Why do you always do something without my consent? Why?"

"We did this because we wanted what's best for you"

"Best for me?" (y/n) scoffed. "You wanted what's best for me? Or is it something best for yourselves?"

"(Y/n)-"

"I should've seen this coming, I should've known from the way you both act so different!"

"(Y/n)! Listen to us or else, we'll bring you back home" her father stated as he glared at her.

"Bring me back home? Why are you always threatening me?"

"(y/n), listens to us, it's better for both you and our future" (y/n)'s mother tried to reason with her in a calming voice.

"No! It's only better for you and not for me! You only uses me to boost your company, just admit it already!" (y/n) shouted. Tears started to form in the corner of her eyes.

Her father however, did not give up.

"Well, since you won't agree to it, does that mean you already have someone?"

(Y/n) was stunned once again. She didn't know how to answer. The only answer that could get her away from this mess is by saying yes but what if they wanted to meet that person? She isn't dating anybody at the moment. If she lied and they finds out, it would make the problem even worser than it is.

"I, uh, I" she stuttered once again.

"I don-" (y/n) was about to give in and tell them.

Unexpectedly, a certain someone came and joined in with their conversation.

"Yes she does" the familiar sounding voice said with pride and confident.

"I am her boyfriend, if you're wondering"

The person held (y/n)'s hand tightly, not wanting to let go anytime soon.

(Y/n) looked up and she was met with a pair of loving brown eyes. It gave her so much warmth and comfort. Her nervousness started to fade away as soon as she touches the person hand that made her instantly feel safe in their hold.

"Jungkook?"