15

Everyone was confused. Well, it's not like it's anything bad, it's just... unexpected. Neither any of them expected any of their friends to know and neither did you expect every one of them are close friends. Now that everything has already come to this, it's sort of... funny.

After a good moment of silent between all of you, Namjoon has decided to break the tough atmosphere to speak first.

"Um.. so, now that everyone of us has already known (y/n).. I think we don't have to do any introductions right?"

"But we haven't-"

"Ah right, Jimin and Hoseok has only met (y/n) once.. I guess you three can introduce each other then" Namjoon added.

While you, Jimin, Hoseok were introducing themselves to one another, Jungkook sat through the conversation with many thoughts in his mind. He was confused just like others of course, but he was even more surprised than them. How could his observation slipped away like this?

"Jungkook.. Jungkook!" Jin nudged him a little to waken his sense.

"Oh uh, yes?"

"Why are you so quiet? I thought you were close with (y/n)?" Jin whispered to him.

"Well, I guess we are but not to that point yet" Jungkook replied and Jin just answer him back with an 'oh' and a nod.

Jungkook watches as you talk with his hyungs and he immediately thought, 'I can't be left out like this'. Thus, he kept his own thoughts aside and decided to join in the conversation with you and his hyungs. He wanted to know when, why, and how you and his hyungs met.

After creating a group chat and added you in as one of the members, you and the guys finish up lunch and spent the whole resting hour getting to know each other even more before finally returning back to each of your own class.

During the whole time Jungkook was in his own class, listening to his lecturer discussing about research methodology which will soon be implemented at the start of year 3, Jungkook's mind wonder elsewhere and the corner of his lips curved into a smile unconsciously as he thought of you. He observed you, almost everything about you and he know his eyes didn't fail him. You stood out to him, everything about you just makes him... so curios and happy. It feels as if your vibes gives him energy and hope. But he didn't want to get his hopes up too high yet, because if it turns out wrong, then his heart would definitely break again. He can't lose himself, he must know the limitations to his own expectation and feelings.

Upon arriving home after checking some papers with you back at the volunteers' office, Jungkook threw his backpack onto his gamer chair and dropped his exhausted body onto the mattress.

"What a long day today..." he mumbled to no one in particular.

Even though he thought of how there's many works to do, his mind still lingers around you. He couldn't help it, your smile and your voice was everything to him. He find you mesmerizing and full of excitement, yet, it seems like you were quite lonely. Is there anything he can't figure out about you yet? He wanted to know but he shouldn't cross the line. He knows his boundary.

As he closes his eyes to take a quick rest, your face comes to his mind, full view. He giggled to himself, thinking once again of how your smile and your laugh was just so cute.

"Because of you (y/n), that it gives me the courage to walk into class everyday" was all he said before he decided to muster up his courage and pull out his phone to text you. Not one minute pass did you reply back. He couldn't be any happier than this.