"Ah! There he is!" I look up to see Donnie tapping a computer key that zoomed in on Nick coming out of the shop while looking down at his phone. "See? He'll be responding any second now."

"Uh, yeah. I know." I hold up the phone so Donnie can see his message.

"Oh... great."

I nod and read it one more time.

"I'm gonna go ahead and call him." It's abundantly clear that Don's gonna keep up with this chipper routine.

"Really? You're okay with that?"

"It'll be faster. We'll get more done. It's like you said, we have to do this now."

He nods and leans closer as I hand him the phone so I can sit down. "Well let's hope he picks up."

A moment later after a few seconds of dialing, the ringing stops and a voice answers.

"Hello?"

"Nick? Hey. This is the guy who messaged you. My name's Donatello. You can call me Donnie."

"Yeah, hey. What's up? Why hasn't Y/n responded?"

"Well it's kind of a long story..."

"We'll have to fill you in on what we know pretty quickly." I add quickly, anxious to move this along as swiftly as possible.

"Okay. Who was that?"

"Oh, that's my brother. He's gonna be talking with us, too."

"Right– hey, I'm Leo." I introduce myself, too focused on the objective to have remembered sooner. "I'm Y/n's boyfriend."

The others all look in my direction at the same time, wearing facial expressions that say "Um, dude what?"

'What?' I mouth with a shrug. It was the easiest thing to tell him.

"Right, so, what happened? I mean, is she with you guys?"

"No." There's silence on the line and in the room, so I finish. "She never made it home last night." It gets harder to say every time.

"She... What are you saying? Then where is she?"

"We don't know. No one has seen her since she disappeared yesterday."

"What?"

"She's been missing ever since she left the– our house last night."

"That's crazy. She was just..."

"I know. It's confusing and we're really worried about her." Donnie cuts back in. He's holding her phone and looking at the phone as if he could see the guy on the other end. "We don't have any way to contact her."

"So why'd you call me?"

"Well, she left her phone here when she left and we saw your messages, so we figured you were probably the last person who's seen her."

"... I guess so. It was pretty late when I ran into her. But wait, why would she leave your house without her phone? Or at least telling you where she was going?"

"We're not sure. But we can tell you what we do know so far." Donnie looks at me after he says that and hands me the phone.

"I'm listening."

I take a breath, knowing saying all of this again after explaining it to Splinter and everyone else so much is only going to harder and more painful than before. "Long story short... Y/n came over for a date I had planned but I had to leave in the middle of it to handle a... family emergency. And she had said she would stay here until I got back, but she wasn't. And looking back, we saw that around the same time we think she left was around the same time you texted her. That's the last any– er, either of us saw her." I correct casually. Even calling him like this is a risk, so the less information he has about us the better. "We were hoping you could help us in some way."