48 | Chapter Forty Eight

Magsimula sa umpisa

But after that...his memory is shaded.

"I'm sorry."

Connor then kissed Macey lightly on the forehead, rubbing at her shoulder while she looked downcast at her hands.

"The outcome was obvious," exclaimed Macey. "But, I had major plans for companions magics."

"It's pretty much the end of the year," replied Connor. "Don't think of your plans being ruined. Just think of them as being on hold."

Her face looked hot with embarrassment, her cheeks dark pink and puffy. It only just occurred to Connor that it has been almost one whole year, making himself snicker under his breath. Clear like crystal, he remembered the hatred he harboured for the once irritating moon mage, lacking any means of compassion and wanting nothing more than to be better than her.

Now ... he needed her in his life at all times.

"And besides," implied Connor, while he held her hand in his. "We all know you're still top student."

"Oh really?" smirked Macey, poking out her tongue. "Because when I came out of a coma, all I heard was how grand Aru was."

He rolled his eyes playfully and whispered in her ear, "It's because I learnt from one of the best."

With Macey declaring, "Logan ain't worth the praise."

Connor then snaked his hand to the curves of her back, his free arm wrapping her legs around his waist. From the corner of his eye, he could see the clock. Her time was slowly to an end, so he stated...

"I developed the nessesities from you."

If it wasn't for Macey, he would still have a puppy, learning the importance of his arazel from her. For years, he had struggled to be his own individual. With her by his side, Connor was able to grow into the person he has always wanted to be.

A shy smile stretched across her face as she detached herself away from him.

"I should be going," said Macey. "I don't wanna be late for spells."

Someone other than Connor agreed. They launched themselves at his bed, with a hearty howl echoing all around him. Macey ran her hand upon her arazel's head, her face creased with both consolation and sombreness when she looked at the now tainted Snowpea. She still harboured that pure white coat that the arazel was well known for, watching plumes of it shed and gather into gentle balls. The only difference was the large black mark that ran across her right eye, with her sapphire shimmer being replaced with a befoul tinge of violet.

However, despite the deformity, her presence brought Macey glee.

"See you at lunch?" she asked, leaning at the door in uncertainty. Even Snowpea looked on, as Connor raised his brow at her.

Smiling at this moon mage, he then replied, "try keep me away.

______________

Macey's visits were brief, and led Connor to unenthusiastically derive himself in mundane tasks such as catching up on reading or studying for next years lectures. He walked about, retained fresh air and had gotten his usual visit from Iza. He laid upon his bed, his mind wandering on the events that had just past him. The main subject?