49 | Chapter Forty Nine

End of the road.

A gathering of cherry blossoms danced in the breeze and scattered across the lush green courtyards. The after effects of what happened at the sun solstice were visible to the naked eye, making Macey shun and ponder in deep concluded thoughts. Dragoons were in small clusters, situated under the trees where they usually hung out. A few had bandages around their arms and one had their leg scarred up very badly. Across from them were White Enhancers and a few Alchemist who mingled and exchanged coy and skittish laughter and snickers. And down the road a bit was Shaz, who sat by herself on a nearby bench, reading a book whilst noting down things in a sketch pad.

Grabbing her attention, Macey yelled and watched the metal mage greet her with a large grin. They wandered the familiar pathway of the institute together, listening to the lingering laughter of the other students and their shoes dragging along the cobblestones beneath them.

"So Mace," said Shaz, breaking the heavy silence around them. "What are our plans for the holidays?"

She bit down on her inner lip hard, thinking fast of a way to divert the truth from leaving Maceys mouth. In all honesty, she wanted to research more about the crows, her family and even about her moon magic. To everyone else around her, the events were over. But to Macey, this was the beginning of something far more grand.

"Not yet," she muttered silently.

"Well," hummed Shaz. "You know where to find me and a tasty margarita."

"Did someone mention alcohol?"

Like a bad omen, Macey was greeted by her least favourite summoner in the whole entire world, whose attire was similar to that of Connor. He wore a crisp white shirt, with the top button undone and the adornments he wore tucked away for good measure. His jeans had one small rip and not a million and his shoes looked exactly like her fire sage lover. With a small limp in his walk, Logan sauntered his way towards the pair, his deep blue eyes set solidly on the metal mage next to her. Shaz became instantly shy, adjusting her violet coloured mini skirt and skimming her knee high boots against the dirt. She then tucked the stray curls on her head behind her ear, with Logan snuffing out the cigarette that was sitting on his bottom lip.

"Please give me the dignity of not spe-"

However, Maceys plea was not met. The doting couple blocked out the rest of the world and herself, tenderly touching lips then letting their now intensified kiss become steamy and loud, like liquid pushing against a wall. She shook her head in disgust and rolled her eyes, staring at a random mushroom that was growing out of the fissures of the stones near the soles of her shoes.

When the show was finally over, Logan smiled and then looked over at Macey and asked, "What'd you say princess?"

"You make me sick," replied Macey, pushing his arm ever so lightly.

"Likewise," stated Logan, before snaking his hand around Shaz's waist. "So, does my baby have any plans for these following weeks?" He then shifted his body behind her, placing his chin upon her shoulder, causing her giggling to reverberate. "Because I was hoping to take you out on a romantic getaway filled with adventure and," with his gaze gawking at Macey, he then placed his lips upon Shaz's neck and whispered, "no interruptions."

"Can you be any more subtle?" But like a fly in the wind, her words didn't affect anyone. Shaking her head at the romantically infectious couple, she then headed towards the companions den to clear her mind of things.