3 | Make it Raine.

Uplifted roots were littered all along the cemented courtyards, spiralling the entire premise. Macey trudged along the thickness of it all, making her way towards her next lecture, located in the large hollow tree she couldn't ever miss. Her nose caught the smell of burning sandalwood and metals, small tear ducts forming on the top of her lashes, irritated by the smoke that lodged out of the chute that jutted from the giant oak tree. She stood at the vine-covered door, pushing it wide open.

"Wow," she gasped, bewildered at the sight her eyes bestowed themselves upon. 'I feel like I'm a dream.'

Her hand glided on the gold stream of magic that was seeped into the bark. Moving cogs surrounded her, clinking and clanking, the sounds echoing all around her. She examined the room, taking notice of all the weapons on the walls such as spears and swords, and took a huge interest in the glass cabinets that held inside a plethora of adornments.

Macey pouted. "Where are you," she murmured to herself, examining every chair and table in the room.

She continued to search, furrowing her brows at everyone who wasn't the person she was looking for. She spotted a blonde hair man with a thick Brextion accent, who wore a itchy looking maroon sweater and long black skinny jeans. Seated next to him was a petite lady, whose laugh drowned out the sounds of the room.

"Damnit," said Macey, as she pursed her lips, standing in the centre of the room with a pout.

"Psst..."

One female hissed at her, with the ringlets in her hair bouncing against her ebony face. She grinned at Macey, wiping a small smudge of make up away from her cheek. "I saved you a seat," she whispered loudly, pulling up a chair from underneath the table.

The female gestured her hand towards her, with her adornments along her arms and neck jingling against her body. Without hesitation, Macey made her way towards the vacant seat, relived to have found her best friend.

"I wanted to sit in the back," said the female. "So we can gossip in class. Just like the good ole days of academy huh Mace."

She shook her head and laughed. "Thanks Shaz," she replied. "And I give you mad props for this spot. You get a great view of our enemies ... I mean, classmates."

"Aw don't mention it," replied Shaz, situating herself more into her seat, while at the same time, readjusting the baby blue floral dress she wore, tightening the ribbon that was wrapped around her waist. Her cleavage hung down onto the table, as she then began to do up her curly hair into a bun. "I'm only here to make our life easier."

She felt herself grinning from ear to ear, blessed to be in the presence of not only her best friend, but also to be in the same building as some of the great summoners and alchemist that roamed the same halls she does. "I can't believe we're at Grendilton," she squealed.

"And we're roomies," added Shaz, raising her hand to give her best friend a high five. "It just keeps getting better and better."

It wasn't an easy feat. She remembered when she arrived at the dorms, situated six blocks away from Shaz. Such a decision angered the metal mage, who stormed towards the dean in frustration.

'We're both scholarship students,' said Shaz, who almost made hinges of the doors pop off.

However, all the dean did was scowl and cross his arms. 'Miss Shannon, I'm afraid that's not how it works around here.'