maehara & reader | pickup lines

heh we're going to have a soft one shot for today :")

——-

The way you walk, the way you talk

I blame you 'cause it's all your fault

You're playin' hard, don't turn me off

You're acting hard, but I know you soft

——-

Second Person's Point of View

"Somebody call the cops, because it's gotta be illegal to look that good!" Maehara's voice made you jump. He was noisy, indeed, but he literally shocked you. You were standing in the kitchen making dinner for your unwanted guest of the night, when this yellow orange head suddenly dropped by to your home and told your mother that the both of you had some 'work' to do. He has been talking to your mom for a quite while now, making sure that he has this good-boy-yes-i-am attitude. He reasoned that he was just grade conscious, so being productive with me would soothe his so called 'grade consciousness'.

Even though he's like that, he was your boyfriend. It doesn't look like it does, but he actually is your partner and a sweet one at that. He could just get a lil irritating sometimes, but you can bare his jokes and clinginess.

"You know, I look the same as I did hours ago." You laughed, with a hint of annoyance.

Maehara wrapped his arms around you from behind and kissed your neck a few times and said, "Still gorgeous to me baby."

"If nothing lasts forever, will you be my nothing?" Maehara whispered in your ear, and a shiver ran down your spine as his breath hit the side of your face.

"You're honestly a cute one, but those pick up lines don't work on me." You pressed a kiss to his cheek before going back to cutting some vegetables.

Your boyfriend took a hold of your chin and made you look at him. "Your lips look so lonely. Would they like to meet mine?" He winked at you before pressing his lips against yours quickly and then went back to staring at your face.

"Still as perfect as the day I met you." Maehara made your heart flutter and butterflies would erupt in your stomach whenever he spoke.

"What's gotten into you today? If mom catches us, you'll have a lot of explanation to do and I won't be there to cover your back." You chuckled and 25% nagged him after he finally stopped staring deep into your soul.

"Do your legs hurt from running through my dreams all night?" His laugh echoed off of the kitchen walls, as he found humour in his own words.

You decided to ignore his jokes and asked out of curiosity. "When did you have enough time to learn a bunch of pick up lines?"

"Got bored talking to your mom for a while so I googled them. Wanna hear another?" Maehara's smile was brighter than usually.

"Sure, go ahead." You teased.

"On a scale from 1 to 10, you're a 9. And I'm the 1 you need." He seemed to love that one most of all.

You decided to play with his games as you replied, "Hey, you are definitely a 10, all by yourself."

"Aw baby, you're at least a 17 out of 10 in my eyes." Maehara moved from behind you and sat down on the spinny chairs that were by the counter top. He placed his elbows on the table and rested his head on his hands.

"Your hand looks heavy. Here, let me hold it for you." He pulled the hand that was holding onto a carrot. Then, he placed a kiss on the top of your hand. His hot lips made the hairs on your arm stand up. Just the reaction he wanted.

"My hands are dirty, you know." You told him as your cheeks changed to a red colour.

"If beauty were time, you'd be an eternity." Maehara's hand moved up to hold your cheek, his thumb stroking your face. You slightly leaned your head into his hand a little more and then you turned to kiss the palm of his hand.

It seemed like your boyfriend forgot what he was supposed to do here in your house so you tried to remind him. "You should continue your 'work' because you're actually taking your time here in the kitchen."

"Ah, the best solution to see you. School work." This one sounds the most Maehara-like. The most mischievous, but most loving.

"I thought Happiness started with a H. So why does mine start with U?" His laughter filled the room again and you loved that noise. It was purely him. And nothing was better than him.

"And all of my happiness is because of the man sat in front of me." You placed down the knife and moved so that you could stand right in front of your partner. Your arms go around his neck and you move closer.

Maehara smirked playfully and whispered, "How did I get my perfect girl?"

"Because you're my perfect man?" You whispered in response.

"When a penguin finds a mate they stay with them for the rest of their life. Will you be my penguin?" Maehara knew that your favourite animal was a penguin. You mentioned it once and he amazingly, remembered. He does that to you all the time. He would remember something you mentioned in a conversation and then say something about it months later. It's weird that he can remember everything about you, but your friends just told you that's it's because he loves you. And he agrees.

"I would take you to the movies but they don't allow snacks." Maehara whispered.

You rolled your eyes a little. "Are you done?"

"Come here." He smiled and then pulled you in. He then place his mouth on your neck and slightly closed his mouth, as if to take a bite.

"Maehara!" You gently push him.

He winked at you and defended himself, "Just taking a bite of my favourite snack, baby."

"I'd never play hide and seek with you because someone like you is impossible to find." You thought of that pickup line whilst listening to him speak, and it was kind of fun to you.

Maehara tried to open his mouth to get back at you, but it didn't happen. "How do you make up the most perfect pick up line, even after I spent hours looking for a perfect one?" He whined.

>>>>>

hello! hope is finally back in town! sorry for being unable to post for quite long. school has been terrible for the last couple of weeks, but i think i'll be better in the long run. (just a couple of completions and moving up practices and we're done!)

so i hoped you liked the update. even if it looks quite undone and rushed lmao

see you on the next!~

Vote. Comment. Share.

Thank you!~ ^-^