karma & reader | tekken

hi! so i'm back again with a new one shot! uwu uwu sorry for taking so long ;)

——-

May I steal your heart?

May I protect that heart?

If I fall several times and get hurt

Will you accept my surrender?

Sir yes sir, I'm saluting to your lips

I swear on your name

I'm not playing around, I put my life on the line

I'll protect you

——-

Second Person's Point of View

Sundays were always spent with each other. It wasn't just an ordinary or boring day to be a holy person and go to church. It was actually different for you. Sunday was a day specially made for you and for him, playing games. And by games, lots of them.

Dates during the weekends was an unspoken rule between the two of you. Karma, your 2 year boyfriend – who you didn't actually thought that the both of you would stay for that long – would always show up at your door half at past ten, usually dressed in baggy sweats with his hair unstyled.

At this time, your sheets would have just finished drying from the night before, and you would fluff them out together. The smell of flowery softener would spread out through the room and you would end up wrapped in fresh sheets with the cool plastic of game controllers grasped in your palm.

Today was just like the rest of your moments with him, your legs folded underneath you, and your fingers smashing buttons in combos. Karma would always choose Jin and for you, you always chose Lili to square off against your other half in Tekken.

You had a tendency to lose, but no matter how many times you were defeated, you refused to acknowledge it. You refused to be the loser even though you knew that your boyfriend was the master of games and it was quite impossible to beat him.

Karma would always find this quite funny and cute, but you would never hear him say it aloud. Down, back twice. You thought to yourself, moving your fingers as fast as you could to execute a Ravaging Beauty move.

Blocked.

A scoff escaped your lips, your muscles tensing as you rejected the option of giving in.

Down, forward.

Blocked.

Back, forward, forward, forward.

Blocked.

How is he so good at this? You bit your lip as you thought, watching your health diminishing steadily on the screen in front of you as Karma continued to land hits on you. By the time you had gotten ready to start another combo, the bright red letters appeared. K.O.

"I let you win this time." You huffed, turning your head away from Karma as you set – if that's the new word replacement for throwing – the controller down.

"Quit throwing a tantrum, Y/N. You've actually got better in this game compared to  the last time we played it. Have you been practicing?" Karma murmured, voice still thick with mischievousness as he attempted to comfort you.

The fact that he had figured out that you had practiced on your own got on your nerves more than anything. You shuffled away from him, pouting as you curled up on your bed to mourn the death of your precious character.

All of your efforts to beat him was blown by the wind in a matter of a millisecond.

"Are you sulking? Should I make you feel better?" He whispered, sitting himself on the edge of your bed as he stroked your hair delicately.

You ignored him easily, although you seem to enjoy the calming feeling of his hands. His face was still a little puffy from sleep and you could smell the toothpaste on his breath.

You were sure you probably were the same as him, wearing an oversized white t-shirt he had left at your house a few weeks before and some exercising shorts.

"Should I try to do some faces?" He asked softly, causing you to open one eye to look at him skeptically.

"Is that your way of saying it's a bad idea?" The red head mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck as he continued to half annoy and half comfort you.

"Maybe I should do this?" He asked quietly without giving an explanation, causing you to quirk an eyebrow as his hands inched closer.

Before you could put up a fight, long fingers were digging into your sides and causing your legs to thrash while laughter was forced out of your chest.

It was a hot feeling as it bubbled up out of your stomach, your body flopping around in desperation for freedom.

"K-Karma, seriously!" You stuttered through laughter as he continued to run his hands over your sides. You brought your knees up to your chest in order to protect yourself, but it bumped hard into Karma's face as you did so.

You gave a sharp intake of breath, instantly leaning forward toward his face to assess the damage as his fingers withdrew from your sides.

"Are you bleeding? Does it hurt? Do I need to get the first aid?" You asked worriedly, eyebrows drawn together as you tried to get his hands away from his face.

Your boyfriend hesitantly lowered them to submit to your request, which caused your eyebrows to furrow while you looked for a cut on his lip or any sign of blood.

You inched closer, tightening your grip around his chin to steady his face in front of you.

You were about to speak when his soft pink lips suddenly met your own. Blood rushed to your ears within seconds, your eyes fluttering closed as you kissed back momentarily. Well, it lasted for a while before you realized that it was his intention from the start.

You pulled away quickly, hiding your face in embarrassment from your foolishness.

"I can't believe I just fell for that." You sighed to yourself, smacking him on the chest gently.

"I can't believe you lost to me in Tekken again. Practice harder, weakling." Karma smirked, a smug look on his face that quickly changed to into a scared one when you grabbed a pillow from behind you.

"Karma Akabane, do you want to die?" You growled, watching him scramble to his feet and sprint out of the room as you chased after him.

>>>>>

inspired from a hyungwon x reader one shot from tumblr (that one shot is actually about mortal kombat but i changed it hehe)