Chapter 2- Cullens

Cullens

SCHOOL. I hated everything about it. Granted, I never stuck around long enough to enjoy any part of it. As I readied myself in my floor length mirror for another year, Mana watched me. I smoothed out my skirt, hating that I tried to look like I cared about school even though I didn't.

I heard Charlotte call for me and I grabbed my backpack before heading downstairs. I found she wasn't alone as Bella was standing beside her, "I see you've made a friend already, Veronica. She wants to drive you to school."

"Oh, hey, Bella. Um, yeah, a ride would be nice," I said, feeling awkward all of a sudden. Not many people entered our house. Charlotte had some of her occult things hanging up now and I silently prayed Bella wouldn't see them. I quickly looped my arm through hers, dragging her from the house.

"Your mom seems nice," Bella complimented as we entered her truck. I looked out of the window to find Charlotte looking through the blinds at us.

"She's not my mom," I informed her. I knew by that statement that I made the situation awkward, but I hated when people made the assumption she was my mother. I felt a pang in my heart as I thought about my real mother. I closed my eyes, fighting back against the tears.

It didn't take us long to arrive at school since it was only a few minutes away from our homes. When Bella parked her car made a loud popping noise. She looked mortified as she slowly exited the truck. I followed suit and we kept our heads down as we walked to the school. Thankfully, we had both gotten our schedules before arriving so we set to finding our first teacher. As we were busy looking at our schedules someone stepped in our path.

"You're Isabelle Swan, right," he asked. We looked up at him, shocked by his braveness to speak to us.

"Bella," she corrected.

"And you're Veronica Bronwenn?"

"The one and only."

"I'm Eric, the eyes and ears of this school. Anything you need, tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to cry on," he said. I looked at him, amused. Was he for real? I looked over at Bella, finding her embarrassed by his attention.

"I'm kind of a "suffer in silence" type."

"Good headline for your feature. I'm on the paper and you're news baby, front page-."

"I'm-no-I-I-I'm not news-," I cut her off as she look as flustered as she could get.

"No feature," I told him. He nodded and I pulled Bella away from him, making an excuse that we needed to get to our lockers. We found Bella's class first and I left to go find mine. Mr. Varner, which was Calculus. Fun.