Twisted Game Of Fate

December 31,2020.
Shawn's POV:

I couldn't focus on anything.

I was laying in bed my mind was running a mile a minute.

Everything all lead back to her, Yvette.

God she looked so beautiful, and just like before my heart was a fluttering mess the moment I saw her.

She looked completely different, but her eyes remained the same. Her hair was blonde now, I missed her brown curly hair. But she did make blonde look good on her too.

I knew I shouldn't have went to her event unannounced, but when I saw her pop up on social media I couldn't help myself.

We were in the same place, it had to be fate. Right?

"Heya handsome, thinking of getting out of bed anytime soon?" Caroline said as she walked into my hotel room, using the extra key card I didn't give her.

Caroline, is a close family friend of Justin's, who he thought might be a 'good' distraction for me but it was anything but that. After a few drunken nights and one one night stand she had became a clingy mess. I tried so hard to try and maybe see if something was there but it wasn't. She was the complete opposite of Yvette, she was self centered and felt this sense of entitlement because she was part of MY marketing time off the strength of Justin. She was a good arm candy for award shows to ward off the questions that had to do with mine and Yvette's break up and my sudden need for a break.
Outside of that I tried to maybe be a friend, I did t like to disrespect any woman I was or wasn't with but she sometimes just didn't get the hints and that drove me insane.

"Yeah, I'm a probably go to the gym. Work off some stress." I said quickly rising off my bed and walking over to my huge view of the Brooklyn bridge.

"Maybe we can catch lunch after? The restaurant here is beautiful." I felt her hands caress down my shoulders to my back, and I quickly moved from her I looked for a spare shirt and threw it on.

"That wouldn't be a good idea. I have fans out there waiting." I said running my fingers through my hair trying to avoid eye contact with her.

One thing about her, she didn't like being told no.

She folded her arms across her chest and her eyebrows scrunched over in the middle of her head.

"You saw her, didn't you?" I heard the disgust in her tone and that instantly made me tense.

"Yea. I did. So what." I said getting defensive in Yvette's name not even for myself. "What's it matter, were not a thing. You ran your mouth about something that wasn't nothing but a onetime thing and you know that."

She stepped back in complete shock, holding her bony hand to her chest like I pained her in someway.

"She isn't even worth it, yet here you are chasing a dream. Your pathetic." She snarled at me, her cheeks grew red and she was a shaking mess.

I found my self actually laughing, more of a dick thing to do but she couldn't be serious.

"Says the one who's chasing around me like a lost puppy. How about you go and get me some lunch, eh." I said waving my hands at her like a child to shoo  and go away.

I saw the tears forming her eyes, I felt bad.

Good job mendes, so much for being wholesome.

She wiped her tears and she turned on her heels and she went to the bathroom slamming the door.

Why didn't she leave?!