Cant Seem To Escape

Tuesday morning

The moment I got home from my trip with Antonio I instantly crashed so hard for two days, thank goodness I had two days off.

Antonio and I had picked right back up to our long distance routine of things, only it was different now for me.

After the whole "I love you" situation, I honestly didn't know how to react. I didn't want to make things weird so I just pretended everything was normal.

But it wasn't.

As I laid in my bed looking up at my ceiling, I found myself now once again thinking about Shawn. I tried to shake it out of my mind but it wasn't budging.

I took out my phone.

I found myself doing the one thing I hadn't done in months,

Going on to his Instagram page.

I typed his name in my search bar and there he popped with the blue check mark.

I took a deep breath, silently cursing myself for doing what I promised NOT to do again.

I clicked his profile and there he popped.

Most of his photos were of him performing on stage.

God I missed watching him do his thing live. He was always so amazing.

I easily shook that all too familiar impulse I had developed in the past for him.

No more flights Yvette!

I saw that he had posted on his Stories, and impulse took over and I clicked it.

He took a beautiful boomerang shot of the view from his balcony room,

He's in New Zealand.

Before I knew it I had a new direct message request.

I looked at the request and instantly my heart sank to my feet.

I shot up quickly on my bed, giving myself a slight head rush.

Shawn Mendes wants to send you a message.

I kept looking at the notification, my eyes grew dry meaning I needed to blink!

I blinked a few times and I decided to delete the message.

I decided to call Antonio,

I needed him,

I needed a distraction.

He didn't answer my call.

I laid back down, wrapping my entire body under my blanket and slowly forcing myself to go back to sleep.

I needed another nap.

After about 30 mins of tossing and turning, I fell back into a slumber.

Wednesday morning

Getting back into the swing of things at work was much needed, so I was happy.

Of course the moment i walked into the break room my two work friends Candice and Mercedes stalked over trying to get all the deets out of my "baecation" , I told them the minimum of course. Once they figured I wasn't going to break they began to fill me in with all the office drama I had apparently missed, not like I was always up to date like they were.

My phone dinged.

Notification.

Shawn Mendes has added to their stories.