Chances

Message from Shawn Mendes.

Hi, I don't know if you got my last message but I just wanted to apologize for making you ever feel any type of way that would make you second guess things that happened. If you want me to be honest, I catch myself thinking about you whenever I see you post. You are a lot harder to forget, there's just something about you. Don't ever doubt yourself. Also I'll try to take a break soon, promise.
Hope to hear from you soon. Xx

I couldn't stop looking at the message that I had received from him three days ago.

This can't be real.

Right.

I hadn't responded,

I didn't know what to say.

What do you respond to Shawn Mendes?

Would he even notice?

He saw your first message asshole.

But what means I'll be lucky second time around?

Take this opportunity Yvette !

As I sat in my car in front of my apartment complex looking at my phone like a crazy person, I received another message.

Antonio just posted a photo.

Wake up San Diego! I'm in you 😉

He was in California!

He didn't even bother to tell me.

Are we broken up?

My mind was going insane.

I quickly exited Shawn's DM and went to my phone's call log.

He hasn't called me since the incident.

Not even to apologize.

Was it his fault or mines?

Equal parts?

I went to his contact and I clicked to call.

A: hello?

Y: Hi..

A: Hi.

This was awkward.

He was being short.

I felt my hands shaking while I was holding my phone to my ear.

Get a grip Yvette.

Put your pride aside,

Your never going to get Shawn,

But you have the best thing right here.

Just say sorry.

But I didn't do anything wrong.

You want happiness,

This is it.

You'll never find someone as good as he has been too you.

Say sorry.

Just do it Yvette.

Y: I'm sorry.

Silence.

A: I'm sorry to Bella, I shouldn't have said all those hurtful things too you.

He's sorry too.

He cares.

See, he loves you Yvette.

Y: it's okay. I was being a little unreasonable.

A: doesn't excuse my short comings, I'll never do that again my love it's not what you deserve.

Y: okay. I see your in California. Where you not going to tell me?

A: (laughs) I was actually. I was going to surprise you with a dozen flowers to say I'm sorry. I'm
Only here in San Diego for the day, and then I'm off for about four days.

See he was gonna come and apologize too you.

He cares and here you are doubting him.

Y: that's amazing. I'm happy for you babe.

A: Everything in New York City went amazing, I'm a free agent after today. So I'll be home for awhile. That's if you'll have me?

Home?

I'm his home? 

Y: of course silly. I miss you terribly.

A: I love you. Now you don't have to say it back but it doesn't mean I'll stop saying it. Don't feel no pressure, whenever your ready Bella.

He loves you.

Can't you see that.

Say it.

You know you want too.

But I don't know if I mean it.

So what, your gonna save your I love you for Shane Mendes

Really?

Y: I love you. I mean it, I was just scared to admit it. It's hard for me to say out loud after losing my mother I shut that part of me out.

A: I know babe. But I'm glad to hear you say it with more confidence now. I'll be home soon.

Y: okay, I can't wait babe.

We hung up and I felt suddenly at ease, at least with me and Antonio.

There was still Shawn's message.

What am I going to do?

Ignore it.

I can't.

No, you don't want to.

I don't want to.

I went back to the message and I decided to take yet another chance.

Stupid move Yvette.

Message to Shawn.

Well I'm glad that you would be considering taking a break, even though I'm sure you won't last to long away from the stage. It fits you well though, that's where your free and everyone can see that. It's your happy place. I'm sure you won't see this message, because to get lucky twice is a little unheard of so I'll just say what I want to say and leave up to faith.
(no pun intended.)
I just want to say thank you again for allowing me an unforgettable experience again in London, truthfully I still feel like that was a dream. I'm also sorry about LA and running away from you, it's just I mean like you Shawn Mendes, this amazingly talented singer and I'm just a fan. so when I saw what was happening or might I didn't believe it and I'm sorry if I misinterpreted anything. But then I saw you in Brooklyn and even though I tried to forget it you the moment I saw you I was pulled back into you but I know that makes me sound crazy. But I'm just being honest, but whatever I ops you have fun with the rest of tour and keep killing it.

Message sent.