Hard To Let Go

Work for the next week was nothing much a rush and high speed, everything I needed and loved. Work kept me so busy before everyone went on a small four day break for thanksgiving. It was already the end of the day and things finally began to slow down, I was starving being the fact I worked all through my supposed lunch break just to make sure I was on top of everything before leaving.

"Yvette, sweetie go home please. You took care of everything for me, thank you." Stephanie said from her office waving at me to shoo.

"Are you sure? I'm completely fine with helping with anything else you need." I said silently hoping she would give me something more to do, I didn't want to go home.

After the first in incident at the art gallery, things seemed to go back to normal but soon enough a two days later It all happened again.

***This time we had went out to dinner and he was on his phone the entire time and I found it rude and I politely said something.

Wrong move.

He has gave me a stoned look before he said under gritted teeth, "who do you think you are to question who I'm on the phone with? Your a girlfriend not a wife, thank goodness too. You keep eating how your eating I'll never find a ring to fit around your pork fingers."

That hurt me so badly, worst then what he did to me in the bathroom. I lost my appetite immediately and the dinner was ruined for us both. The drive home was even worst when I found myself crying and he just looked over at me unbothered by my tears. The moment he parked the car I literally ran out and up to the apartment and I closed myself into the bathroom and i cried silently to myself some more. He never bothered to come upstairs.

That night he came home drunk. He made no attempt to even be silent, he knocked things over and stumbled into bed next to me. I smelled the drinks he had, I tried not to move in fear of what he might do drunk. He turned over and threw his arm over my body and tried to pull me closer to him.

I stiffened.

He didn't notice.

He buried his face into my wild curly hair, taking a deep breath in.

"I fucking love you Yvette. I'm sorry baby."

He said slurring his words.

I didn't say anything, I felt the tears fighting to escape.

Then in seconds I heard the low snores. ***

"No, you did everything for me already. Thank you, now go home and enjoy yourself for the holiday."
My boss said snapping me out of my thoughts.

Thanksgiving.

I stopped celebrating these holidays after my mother passed away. I didn't have family, just friends and everyone I knew was going back home for the weekend.

I was alone.

With my boyfriend.

I shuttered at the thought.

I called my best friend, I needed to hear a familiar voice.

Rose was my closest thing to a sister I had, we met because of our undying love for maroon 5, songs about Jane was what brought us together. She was a song writer, with a passion that was untamable and I admired her so much for going out and living her life on her own terms. It worked for her she went to college in Canada and found these dope artist to work with and everything for her just aligned for her and I was over the moon. She always helped me see the good things in life even when I couldn't, so when she saw me traveling finally she supported it tremendously even though I didn't tell her it was all because of one guy.