Winter WonderLand

Start from the beginning

"Shit. I'm sorry Chloe- what are you doing here?" I asked once I saw what made Chloe stop in her tracks.

Shawn.

He looked the same but different all in the same breath.

His hair was a little shorter but he kept his front long, his face seemed to be come more chiseled and defined making him even more breathtaking. Like if that was possible. He seemed taller, he was working out definitely and those lips remained the same.

My heart fluttered, along with everything down under.

He looked at me up and down, he seemed to be taking me in.

The new me.

He rubbed his fingers along the corner of his bottom lip before smiling at me, making me literally melt.

Fuck, he still had that affect on me.

"Hello Yvette." He said my name and all I remember where the memories of him saying my name in some many different tones but mostly his moan of my name imprinted me.

Chloe was clearly star struck and I couldn't blame her.

"What are you doing here Shawn?" I asked clearing my throat suddenly needing water.

Chloe quickly snapped out of her trance and she fixed her self before excusing herself to get waters.

It was just me and him.

Five in a half months later, here we stood in front of one another.

Not by my choice.

"Well I was in the City and I saw that their was an event being thrown in your name. Just felt like coming and congratulating you on your success in everything." He said keeping his eyes on me and then my hair and back to me.

"Thank you but it isn't necessary. Thank you for stopping by though." I spoke in a calm demeanor to try and mask over the jitters that were overwhelming my body right now.

He let out a small but loud enough sigh for me to hear and he shoved his hands in his pockets of his black skinnies. He looked down at the ground closing his eyes.

"Yvette please don't hate me. You know I still care - I waved my hand up to stop him.

"I don't hate you. Okay? But don't say what your about to say. Not here, not now." I pleaded with him as he shuffled with his hair and walking towards me in slow strides.

"Then when Yvette?" He said reaching for my hand and I pulled away which I hated to do honestly but I had too.

"You have someone Shawn. Don't. This is my relationship my work. Thank you for coming I truly appreciate it. But you should go before someone see's and this becomes something it's not." I said stepping back and holding on to the sides of my dress.

This, this hurt all over again, but I was more mentally equipped for it and I stood my ground.

Shawn just looked at me, like a lost puppy and I hated that for him but it wasn't my business anymore.