Ebb of the Night (Epilogue)

Epilogue

6 Months Later

"Kerra?" Doyle called as he walked through the construction site.

"Yes?" Calling from a back room, Doyle followed the sound of her sweet voice. Turning the corner he saw Kerra balancing herself with ease on the ladder as she painted the walls a vibrant pink.

"Nice, I like it." Doyle said as he assisted her down from the ladder.

"Not bad for a bathroom." She giggled as her feet hit the floor looking about the changing rooms and bathroom. Doyle swiftly turned her around placing a soft, yet passionate kiss on her pink lips.

"What's the guys room going to look like?"

"Zach and I think that it should be a mix of bright blue and green. I read that bright, vibrant colors like these make people feel more energized." Doyle nodded in agreement as he turned to his paint splattered mate.

"Well take it easy. Don't forget your final exams are coming up!" He reminded her as he held onto her hip.

"I know. I feel so worn out with opening the gym, finishing school, and our wedding coming up. I'm being pulled in fifty different directions." Kerra huffed as she perched her hands on her hips stepping back to admire her handy work.

"Things will settle down soon enough." Doyle leaned over and kissed her forehead once again looking into her eyes causing her to blush slightly and smile back at him.

"I hope so."

"Me too." Zach stated as he walked in the changing room with two more cans of paint in his hands. "Once the painting is done we can finally move in the equipment. So it's only a matter of time before we finally open for business."

"You better hope so, I'm sure your pregnant wife wants you to be comfortable enough once the baby is born that you'll remain at her side and not at your business." Doyle stated with a raised brow.

"Definitely. I don't want to cross her, those hormones have her all over the place." Zach chuckled as he picked up the roller and picked where Kerra was working.

"Well I'm going home now, I have a paper due." Kerra waved good bye as she tossed her paint brush down.

"Well I'll see you in the morning then. We are supposed to be receiving some help with the painting in the morning, so we need to go ahead with those final orders, the we can also order those grand opening supplies."

"Will do!" Kerra saluted as she walked toward the door with her free arm wrapped around Doyle.

__

Later that night, Doyle lay in bed with Kerra's naked body draped halfway on him. Slowly he stroked her head enjoying the feeling of their hearts beating in sync to each other.

"Are you happy?" Doyle wondered out loud earning him a small chuckled from Kerra as she lifted her head from his chest. Now resting her chin on his chest she gazed up at with a smile playing on her full pink lips.

"Of course I am. You've already taken over the security company and I'm days away from opening a business of my own. Soon I'll be married to the most wonderful man in all the world. I couldn't be happier."

"Except when you finally have a baby, right?" Doyle questioned with raised brows

"Doyle, babies will come once we are ready. When the time is right I'll come off birth control and I'm sure we will get pregnant almost instantly." Scooting closer, she leaned up and kissed him softly. "I want our life to calm down before we add more to the madness."

"Okay, baby. No babies now, but soon? I can't wait to be a father."

"I have no doubt you'll be a good one."