Ebb of the Night (Chapter 14)

14.

The trip into New York was short, and within three hours they were all settled in their hotel rooms. The single guys, and Zach decided to share a room much like the one they had shared on spring break. Except this time they had Xavier to join in. Ashling and Keiran were rooming with Ali and Rhys in the next suite over, while Kalee and Connor were rooming with Jake and Madison.

Moments after finally settling down in the room there was a hurried knock on the door, Xavier answered the door since he was the closest only to be knocked out of the way by an overly excited Layla, who mowed Zach over by leaping on him and showering him in kisses.

"Oh my God, I've missed you!"

"I missed you to hon, but we haven't seen each other in barely a day. You act like it's been months." He chuckled as he righted himself, helping her to her feet as well.

"Well it feels that way." She grinned then glanced around the room and blushed frantically. "Oh, sorry guys! How are y'all? Doyle? Kyle?"

"I'm good." Doyle smiled as turning his attention back to the television.

"I could be better if I didn't have to cut off all my hair." Kyle whined again for the millionth time.

"Get over it, Kyle! It'll grow back within the month!" Zach snapped. As soon as his angry streak came it disappeared as he realized he hadn't introduced Xavier. "Layla, this is my friend, Xavier. He used to be apart of our pack, but returned back to Keiran's pack nearly two years ago."

Xavier smiled and held out his hand to shake with her. "Nice to meet you."

"Same. And I'm sorry about your loss. Zach told me about it." Her smile slipped for a few moments only to have her sad demeanor swiped away by a simple gesture from Xavier.

"It's the past. But thank you."

"So the ballet tonight!" She chirped as she looked at each of the guys.

"I guess so." Doyle rolled his eyes

"Not sure I'm going to like this." Xavier announced as he took a spot near Doyle getting enthralled in the television.

"Come on guys, what's not to like? A bunch of skinny girls barely dressed dancing around the stage. It's like a proper strip joint." Layla giggled.

"Yeah except there are dudes running around in the same stuff." Kyle scoffed.

"Oh get over it. Just please do this for me!" Layla whined.

"Don't worry babe, they'll be there!" Zach assured her as he kissed her on the forehead.

"Well I have to go, your mom and my mom are going out to pick up my dress and the brides maids gowns." She kissed him lightly on the lips, taking her time to linger on that last kiss. "But I'll see you later." Layla glanced up at him seductively only to cause Zach to growl slightly.

"Cut it out you two, I don't want to hear the crazy monkey sex right now!" Kyle yelled only to have Doyle and Xavier agree.

"Just because y'all aren't getting any doesn't mean you have to ruin it for me." He wiggled his eye brows at Layla, who giggled.

"I would love to stay and... "play", but they are waiting on me." With that she kissed him again and made her leave.

"So what now?" Zach asked leaning against the wall.

"Well we have to go pick up our tuxedos, so we might as well head out and get a cab." Kyle mentioned.

"I'll stop by and get Keiran." Doyle announced as he rushed out of the suite.