Ebb of the Night (Chapter 21)

21.

Kerra spent the next hour and a half with a stylist drying, straightening, and curling bits of her hair. Once that assault was complete and there person moved on to her face slathering her with foundations and powders. Honestly she was afraid to look in the mirror to see the damage they had done to her face. She never was one for a lot of make up but this seemed a bit excessive.

"Alright, dear. Go take a look in the mirror." The make up artist said sweetly as she moved out of the way to allow Kerra to stand up. Worried about what she was going to see, she slowly took her time to get in front of the mirror.

With a gasp, Kerra took in the sight looking back at her. She had always thought of herself as plainly pretty. Nothing was outstanding about her but now here blue eyes shone with the contrasting eye make up and her smooth light complexion was rose and appealing.

"Oh, Kerra, you look beautiful!" Layla said quietly from behind her. She was already in her gown, her make up artist was trailing her trying to do finishing touches. Layla's dress clung to her curves in the front but flared in the back trailing down to a long elaborate trail with delicate beading and sequins decorating it.

"Layla, I don't compare to you. Look at you!" Kerra grinned as she met her new friends' gaze. "Zach will hardly be able to contain himself."

"That's what I'm hoping for." She giggled as she turned to her hair stylist desperately trying to get her to put on her veil. "Well get dressed in that dress! There are some scissors over there so you can cut that shirt off. I'm sure the stylist would have a heart attack if they watched you try to pull that over your head." Kerra nodded as she giggled. But instead of grabbing the scissors she simply pulled the fabric apart with ease and slipped the mangled shirt to the floor.

Once again she pulled the dress up her body when she got to the zipper, Andy instantly was at her back helping her zip it up. "It fits you perfectly." She smiled as Kerra turned to face her, she could easily see some hurt in her eyes as Andy looked over her in the gown.

"Are you okay with me and Doyle?"

"Yeah, I guess. I'm not really sure."

"Do you still have feelings for him?" Kerra asked as she picked up the bouquet of lilies that Layla had given her.

"Sometimes I think so, but honestly I'm not sure. When I'm with Xavier, I only feel love for him. I can never picture myself with anyone but him. Even if I see Doyle I can't feel anything for him then. But when Xave isn't around, its like this dull nagging in the back of my head when I see Doyle. I remember how we felt for each while we were together but it's like I can't draw those feelings back to the surface."

"It probably has something to do with the fact that we are were's are you are human. For us, when we abjure someone all the feelings we once harbored for that person are no longer there. A lot of the time those two people can't even stand to be near each other. But since Doyle is Omega in his pack he's able to do a lot more than most pack members." Kerra said simply as she watched Andy's mouth form an "O".

"Alright ladies, it's time." A voice came from the hall, ordering for them to line up and listen for their cues to walk down the aisle.

__

Doyle stood near Zach at the end of the long aisle way, he could see Zach wringing his hands nervously over and over again. Feeling the need to help his cousin and closest friend out he reached out with his mind.

'Calm down, Zach. You know she'll say 'I do'.' Doyle mentally chuckled. The piano music was tinkering lightly awaiting the bridesmaids and the bride to prepare for the big entrance. Looking over the witnesses, Doyle easily spotted his parents, siblings, and then his uncle and aunt. Aunt Madison was dabbing her eyes already before the ceremony even began. Though his family took up a good bit of the seats, there were still over half that he had never seen before in his life. Scanning over the unknown faces, his eyes fell on one face he never expected to see. Izzy. That girl didn't give up.