chapter thirty-three

(quick side note, i know they're supposed to be in asia for the way that the time scale of tour is working out as, but i wrote the majority of the last few chapters before the asia dates came out so i'm following the books time scale (which i'm confused about too) so i think it's early october and they're about to leave fiji and go to the maldives, before going to australia for the actual tour shows, okay now here's the chapter lol)
-
[shawn mendes]
-

the sound of water lapping up to the wooden beams holding the villa up over the water woke me up. at first, i panicked, not feeling anya cuddled up to me, but then calmed down as soon as i saw her nestled up diagonally from her side of the bed, almost reaching my feet on my side of the bed.

she was going to have the biggest headache when she woke up.

i grinned, shuffling closer to her, and running my fingers through the soft lengths of her hair, twirling it about in my fingers, humming a melody quietly.

"hmmm," she mumbles, shuffling slightly, letting a groan pass her lips. "shawn," she whines. "water."

"how you feeling hun?" i ask, a small chuckle leaving my lips as i reach for the bottle of water on my bedside table, handing it to anya. "you need a pain killer, love?"

"m'not sure," she mumbles, sitting up slowly, taking a long sip of water, wincing slightly. "maybe."

"i'll be back in a sec," i say to her, standing up and walking to the bathroom, picking up the packet of painkillers on the counter, and taking them back to the bedroom, sitting down on the bed, and handing her the pills.

"thanks," she says, popping two out of the package, and downing them with some water. "oh god, i feel terrible."

"mhm, you drank a lot," i respond, chuckling softly as she curls herself up into my arms. "sorry i didn't get drunk with you. maybe tonight."

"you're alone on that one, i'm never drinking again," she mutters, shutting her eyes. "i'm sorry about the last couple days."

"i'm sorry too, angel," i whisper, pressing a small kiss over her forehead. "let's leave that all in the past, gorgeous. we don't need to think about that anymore, yeah?"

"mhm," she hums, pressing her lips over my chest, hugging my torso tighter. "wanna sleep," she yawns, making me chuckle.

"sleep hun, i'm not moving anytime soon," i feel her smile against my chest, as she knots our legs together, letting a small sigh leave her lips.

"good," she whispers. "i love you."

"i love you more," i say softly, kissing her head again. "i'm so fucking lucky to have you, holy shit."

"shh, head hurts," she mumbles, raising her hand and placing her fingers on my lips. i chuckle lowly, feeling her smile on my skin. "so sleepy."

"babe, you sure you don't need to throw up?" i ask, suddenly concerned, since she hasn't thrown up yet.

"i-i can't feel anything yet," she says, yawning. "i'll wake up if i need to- wait-" she pushes herself away from my chest, hopping up and rushing to the bathroom. almost immediately i hear the sound or retching, and i'm quick to follow her, holding back her hair, and rubbing soothing circles over her back.