chapter thirty

[anya rose steinburg]
-

the crowd looked insane.

well, could i really describe it as insane? no, it was something out of this world. it was extraordinary. shawn was stood centre stage, and the crowd was decked out in little blue and white flashlights, probably a fan project, all of them shining dramatically to the stage as he sung his heart out to when you're ready.

i felt myself get a little bit overwhelmed just from standing at the wings of the stage. shawn had asked everyone to be a little more quieter before he started the song, and once he started singing, i swear the entire arena was in awe.

tonight was magical.

"crazy, right?" karen asks me gently, standing next to me, and giving me a quick side hug. i chuckle softly, wiping my eyes, and nodding.

"insane," i mumble, turning towards her. "he's incredible."

"every time i see him perform it just gets better and better," she grins, as i smile again, laying my head on her shoulder. "when are you two heading out?"

"flights at 5am, so i guess we're gonna grab a taxi at around 2?" shawn and i had changed our travel plans slightly. instead of going to france and bali, we decided to stick to fiji, the maldives, and greece.

"i'm so jealous of you two," she says to me, a small chuckle leaving her lips. "i've always wanted to go."

"you should've told us! we would've booked flights for you and manny too! that would have been so much fun," i pout, standing up straight. "come on, join us for the maldives! we can talk to shawn about it, please karen?"

"okay," she gives in, laughing. "only because we've all got time off, including aaliyah," she says.

"yes!" i cheer, making her laugh again. "okay that's good, because shawn wasn't gonna come to the spa with me, and now i have people to go with."

"spa? what's this about a spa?" aaliyah says, walking to stand next to us, as i grin, folding my arms against my chest.

"you guys are coming to maldives with shawn and i."

"no way," aaliyah says, dropping her mouth in shock. "you're joking."

"nope, i'll get shawn to book your flights, and you'll meet us in the maldives. you're coming with us," i say to her.

"oh my god, you're the best!" she squeals, jumping up and throwing her arms around me. "i can't wait! but i need to pack, and go shopping-"

"hey, chill," i chuckle, making her smile nervously. "you're coming with us."

"shawn asking you to be his girlfriend was probably the best decision he's ever made," she sighs in happiness, making me laugh again.

"thank you so much, auckland, you guys were amazing! i love you, and i'll see you all soon, goodbye!" shawn yells from the stage, making my heart race, before aaliyah steps away from me, letting me see shawn run off stage, taking his mic off, and swinging his guitar around his back. he grins widely at me, before rushing over and swooping me up in his arms, twirling me about, making me giggle widely.

"shawn! you did amazing!" i grin, placing my hands delicately over his shoulders, as he eases me down slowly, moving his hands down to my waist, pulling me closer.

"hmm, thank you hunny," he whispers, laying his lips onto my cheek, holding me close to his warm and slightly sweaty body. "i gotta go shower quick, but will you meet me in my dressing room? we can head back to the hotel to pack final things."