chapter twenty-four

[third person]
-

"i heard that anya was here."

"so did i, i saw that camila's here too."

"do you think they're back together?"

"anya didn't deserve shawn."

"don't you mean shawn didn't deserve anya?"

"it's just all shocking, i didn't think she would be forced to break up with him."

"they were perfect together."

"y'all it's about the music, shut your faces."

shawn couldn't help but to laugh at the last comment, whilst waiting behind the curtain of his q&a. he was shocked at some of the rumours going around, but he knew that for sure, anya would not be here.

after all, she did say she hates him to his face.

why did i screw up so badly? shawn thinks to himself. i only wanted her. he groans softly, running a hand through his hair, and holding onto his bottle of water in his other hand.

"you okay, man?" brian asks shawn, standing next to him.

"y-yeah," shawn mumbles. "i just miss her, you know? she'd always be waiting here, waiting for me to finish the q&a so we could grab some food and just talk, you know? i miss her. even when you and her had that affair, she would still eat dinner with me, i mean, after the whole thing that happened," shawn sighs gently to himself. "how did i screw up so badly, brian?"

"you thought she was with someone else, it's understandable that you were annoyed since she'd already betrayed you once," shawn nods at brian, looking down at the floor. "do you trust her, shawn? would you trust her?"

"i- honestly?" shawn asks, looking to the side of him, whilst brian nods. "probably not. but that's just because of what's happened. i snapped completely, but why couldn't she just tell me the truth?"

"you and i both know why she didn't tell you the truth," brian says to shawn, making him sigh yet again.

shawn knew exactly why. she wanted to protect him, to make sure he didn't over react and make a mistake he would regret for the rest of his career. it was hard to admit, but he would throw everything away if it meant he could be with anya. he was completely in love with her, it was obvious to anyone.

"shawn, you ready?" andrew asks, walking over to shawn.

"more ready than ever," shawn says, pushing out a small smile, looking up. "can i go out?"

"whenever you're ready, bud."
-
"i swear to fucking god-"

"don't you recognise us? that's literally us in that picture!" camila says to the security guard, whilst her and anya try to get into staples centre by saying that they're friends with shawn, and showing the security guard pictures. "i can call shawn right now-"

"camila?" the two girls snap their heads round, seeing the band. "oh my god, anya?"

"hey guys," anya says, pushing out a tight lipped smile. "how have you been?"

"us? how have you been, missy?" mike asks, going in for a bear hug. "we've missed you so much, anya. everyone's a mess without you."

"it's true, zubin filled up his water bottle with vodka instead of water today," dave says, slapping zubins back playfully, making anya softly giggle, as she greets the rest of the band. "how are you, though?"