chapter twenty-seven

[third person]
-

it was late august, and anya was finally in toronto with shawn. it had been a couple days since her 20th birthday, and shawn was slightly upset that he had to miss her birthday, since he was still travelling.

but now, the two of them are back together, both of them in toronto. and shawn couldn't be happier to show anya his hometown, and the city where he grew up.

"karen, this smells amazing! how do you get your food to smell so good?" anya asks, holding onto a tray of lasagne, taking it to the dining table, her hands covered in oven mits.

"i can teach you this recipe if you want sweetie," she chuckles back. "but thank you, shawn she really is a keeper." shawn and anya both chuckle, before anya puts the tray down, taking the gloves off, and pressing a small kiss to shawns head, hugging his shoulders.

"please teach her, so she can make it for me when we're away," shawn begs his mum, before anya sits down next to shawn, waiting for karen to sit down so they can start eating.

"you're probably gonna have to do the majority of the cooking, anya," aaliyah says to her, sitting opposite shawn. "shawn can't cook to save his life."

"oh, i know," anya grins. "he tried to help my mom cook something back in la, and he ended up burning it, so that's great," the table laugh, as karen takes a seat next to manny, plating up everyone's dishes, and handing them out.

"we should really get everyone together soon," shawn says, looking down at anya. "anya's niece is the cutest baby you will ever meet," he says, looking back at his family.

"yeah, she really is adorable," anya chuckles. "shawns her new best friend apparently. i don't know how she likes him but that's besides the point."

"shut up, you love me," shawn teases, nudging anya with his shoulder, making her giggle softly. "oh by the way, anya and i are gonna head back to downtown tonight."

"what? i thought you guys were gonna stay?" manny asks confused.

"yeah so did we, but i have a call with andrew tonight apparently," shawn sighs, raising his wine glass to his lips, and taking a sip, the dark red staining his lips slightly. "so we'll head out at like 8."

"oh okay," karen responds.

"i'm sorry mum, i promise we'll come over tomorrow and then we can watch the film you wanted us to watch tonight," he quickly apologises, making anya feel more adoration for him as the moments pass.

"why don't we go out for brunch tomorrow instead?" anya suggests. "shawn and i wanted to check out that new place that opened up near him."

"yeah, and then we can all just come back to mine," shawn adds, looking at anya quickly.

"alright, that sounds like a good idea," karen mods. "we'll meet at 11 then?"

"i'll make a reservation tonight," shawn replies, reaching over the table and holding onto anya's hand, squeezing it softly, making a small blush appear over her cheeks.

"what's the deal with you two?" aaliyah asks the couple quickly. "are you like back together?"

"well-"

"yeah," anya confirms. "we're back together. but we have to be really careful."

"why?"

"island will probably break us up again if they find out, so we're gonna stay on the down low so they hopefully don't find out," shawn continues. "but it's fine, i kind of like it with just anya and i."

"yeah, me too," anya grins, looking up at shawn. "it's relaxing."

"i guess it's because no ones really following you around, right?" manny questions. "no, i'm happy for you both. just stick through it, and hopefully it will sort itself out. focus on getting yourselves back on track."

"thanks dad," shawn smiles thankfully, squeezing anyas hand gently.

it was definitely reassuring to have their families supporting them.

after all, it was going to be difficult as soon as anya would leave toronto. and neither of them were ready for that.
-
"no shawn! please!" anya giggles, holding her hands out in front of her, trying to get away from shawn who's attacking her with tickles. "i can't breathe!"

"baby come here, i just want to cuddle," shawn grins, reaching out to her, relaxing his stature a bit to confuse her.

"fine," she gives in, walking back into shawns arms, hugging his torso, and resting her head against his chest. shawn holds in his laughs, and quickly moves his fingers to her sides, jabbing them in and tickling her quickly, making her squeal loudly.

"shawn!" she giggles, pulling away from him, and attempting to run away. "shawn!"

"okay-okay-" he laughs, cutting his actions off, and pulling anya back into his embrace, tucking his arms around her. "i'll stop."

"i hate you," she mumbles, laughing into shawns chest, clutching onto him tightly.

"i love you more," he grins, picking her up gently, and twirling her about his living room, making her squeal loudly in delight, before pulling the two of them onto the couch, legs tangled, and arms tangled together, stretched out on the length of the beige cushions.

"oh man, i'm so glad i have you back," shawn says, catching his breath back slightly, before planting a small kiss on anyas head. "man, i was going crazy without you."

"me too, shawn," she says dreamily, looking up at him. "i'm really glad i'm here."

"i'm glad you are too," he replies, leaning down and pecking her lips gently.

"shawn? what are we gonna do?" anya questions suddenly, pulling away from his sweet touch.

"what do you mean?" he asks, slightly confused with what she's questioning.

"i mean like the world, us, island," anya lists. "it's not like we can go out on a date," she sighs softly, tracing a small pattern on his clothed chest with her fingers.

"we're just gonna have to get through it," he sighs softly. "but it's not like we can't go on dates. we can have dates here, we can go on drives together, we can-" he cuts himself off, not knowing what to say. "actually that's about it."

"why did they break us up in the first place?" she asks, her voice small and quiet.

"if i'm completely honest, i really don't know anya," he admits. "but there's one thing i do know, we're both happy together. so let's keep it that way for as long as we can."

"i love you," anya tells him truthfully, looking up into his caramel eyes, her own troubles melting away from her.

"i love you more."
-
hi loves!

sorry for the short update, this was more of a filler than anything, but get ready for some serious drama hahaha

no i'm joking, maybe only a lil drama, well we'll see

love u lots