chapter thirteen

[third person]
-

shawn ended up staying the night in anya's room, since both of them dozed off after the occurrences of the day. was he crazy about her? yes. did he get angry at her often? yes. did he regret everything he said about things being fake? yes. was he falling for her? yes.

when the two young adults woke up, it felt natural to them both. they were both comfortable, and they had rested well, waking up with small laughs and jokes, acting as if nothing had happened between them.

the next few days in london city were anything but eventful. shawn had press which anya had to tag along to, he had photoshoots, which anya had to drag herself to, and he had interviews, which anya had to sit down at watch. the days were getting boring to her; she was tired, and needed a break from the repetitive press, especially when she was trying to fix her emotions.

so, when they were heading back to the airport to get their respected flights to various destinations, anya couldn't have been happier.

anya was flying back to los angeles with the rest of the press crew (minus justin bitchass), and shawn. she was going to accompany shawn to an event, and do more press rounds, but she also had the chance to go back home and see her family, with shawn; since her family think she's really dating shawn.

"no hard feelings?" anya asks brian, bidding him goodbye with a hug.

"no hard feelings," brian confirms with a chuckle. "it's okay, don't worry about it anymore. it didn't work out."

"yeah," she nods, smiling softly at him. "it's all just wrong timing, and a mistake. no need to dwell on it anymore." the two of them laugh awkwardly, before moving onto the next person to say goodbye too.

"bye mike," anya says to him. "i'll see you soon."

"c'mere kiddo," mike gives anya a big hug, making her chuckle softly. "if shawn gives you any trouble, just call one of us, okay? we'll slap him over the phone or something."

"i don't think he'll give me any trouble anymore," anya says to them, a small smile playing on her lips. "but if he does, you'll be the first one i call."

"hey, can i borrow the lady quickly?" shawn asks, butting into the conversation, and placing his hands on anya's waist, making her jump.

"sure," mike says, looking between the two of them, before shrugging and walking off. shawn notices some fans still outside the airport, and sighs softly, spinning anya around, and resting his hands on either side of her.

"so," shawn starts, a small smile toying with the corners of his lips.

"so," anya repeats, her cheeks flushing bright pink.

"should we go ahead and escape everyone else?" he suggests, pulling her closer to him ever so gently.

"i don't know, you tell me, should we?" she asks back, mentally laughing at her attempt of flirting.

"you've said goodbye, right?" shawn asks her, as she nods. "great," he grins, holding onto her hand, and walking away quickly, dragging anya with him. she lets out a small laugh, following shawn straight to the security line, since they've already checked their endless amounts of bags in.

they get through security fairly quickly, and end up at the range of restaurants, cafes, and duty free.

shawn didn't want her happiness to end.
-
"shawn! anya!"

"over here, smile!"

"shawn, kiss her!"

"yeah, kiss her!"

shawn and anya chuckle at the press, and look towards each other, leaning in for a small kiss, as shawns hand stays wrapped around her waist, and hers around his torso. shawn pulls away first, a smile toying with his lips, and a nervous flush over his skin.

"alright, i'm gonna go head in, see you there?" shawn asks anya softly, as she nods, smiling reassuringly at him. "you look beautiful, by the way," she grins, her cheeks going pink, as her hands move down the velvet of her black dress by saint laurent, which ends at around mid thigh. shawn presses his lips to her forehead, before walking inside the venue, leaving anya to pose on the red carpet, and take photos for around a minute, before andrew escorts her off, and into the venue.

"for your first event, i have to say, you handled it like a professional," andrew compliments. "okay, go find shawn, and introduce yourself to whoever he talks to. these events are a great way to widen your influence, so make contacts, okay?"

"got it," anya nods, walking alongside andrew.

"alright," andrew nods. "it's great to see you happy, anya," he says to her, smiling. "go find shawn now."

"see you later!" anya bids him a goodbye, walking into the hall that's exploding with chatter and energy, taking a glass of champagne for herself, and walking around to find shawn.

"there she is!" anya gasps gently, as she feels an arm wrapped around her waist, twirling her about to a group of four people. her eyes go wide, when she stands face to face with justin bieber, who she had a fan page on twitter for, about six years ago. "anya, this is justin and hailey, justin, hailey, this is my girlfriend, anya steinburg."

"it's so lovely to meet you!" hailey squeals immediately, teaching over for a hug. "shawns told us so much about you."

"oh, he has?" anya asks, pulling away and looking at shawn, before looking back at hailey. "thank you, by the way. it's so great to meet you too."

"hey, wait, do i know you?" justin asks her, as anya's cheeks fill with embarrassment. "no way, you used to always be front row to my shows in la! how comes i haven't seen you for ages?"

"you were a fan?" shawn asks anya, a cheeky smile on his lips. "oh god, i have to find yor fan page."

"well, you know, school," she chuckles. "and i moved to new york just over a year ago, actually."

"oh wow, what part?"

"midtown, manhattan," anya answers, as shawn pulls her closer to his side, his grasp feeling reassuring to anya.

"well, it was nice catching up, but we gotta go," justin sighs, looking at his watch. "see you guys soon."

"bye," shawn says, waving, before anya turns to him, her eyes wide. shawn laughs, dragging her gently to a more private corner where they can talk and sit down. "you never told me you were a fan-"

"shawn, what the fuck!" anya curses, slapping his arm. "you give me some sort of warning to who's gonna be here!"

"sorry!" he chuckles, sitting down, and putting his arm over the back of her seat. "anyway, how was that?"

"so fucking weird," she breathes out, chuckling gently. "god damn, shawn! i honestly hate you."

"no you don't," he grins, bringing his hand to her hair, tucking a curl behind her ear. "anyway, wanna go meet ariana grande?"

"i don't think i'm gonna be alive after tonight."