chapter ten

[third person]
-

anya woke up the next morning with a horrible feeling running through her. she knew she had messed up with shawn, she knew she should have never led him on in the first place, but can't he simply be happy for her? she sighed softly, rolling over to see brian was gone. anya gets up, pulling a t-shirt over her head, and walks straight out onto the balcony to try and clear her mind a little.

"oh," she hears from next to her. she turns her head, seeing shawn in his balcony, eating breakfast. "morning," he says gently, offering her a small smile.

"shawn i'm sorr-"

"don't worry," he sighs, putting down his mug of coffee. "i'm happy for you. i just took it out of proportion last night."

"i'm sorry," she says gently, as he smiles, shaking his head.

"it's okay," he tells her. "hey, i know this is weird, but i think i ordered way too much breakfast. do you wanna come here and help me finish?"

"i don't mind," she says softly, rubbing her eyes gently. shawn shrugs, sending her another grin. "okay, i'll be over in a minute," she says, standing up from the balcony, and walking back inside her hotel room. she slips on a pair of shorts underneath her t-shirt, and walks out of her hotel room, knocking on shawns door. he opens it, smiling gently at her, whilst she quickly rushes in to wrap him in a hug.

"hey," he chuckles, hugging her back, before shutting the room door.

"i'm sorry for whatever i did," she mumbles, pulling herself away from him, and standing at arms length, her hands on his arms. "i really am sorry."

"shut up," shawn says softly to her. "don't worry. you're happy with him," she nods her head, letting go of shawn, and following him out to the balcony. she takes a seat in the other chair, and looks at the food, a small laugh leaving her lips. "yeah, i over ordered," shawn says, scratching the back of his head lightly.

"just a little," she grins, helping herself to some fruit laid out. "so, do you have any plans for today?"

"maybe head up to shoreditch later," he shrugs. "there's some really nice places there. you should go with brian."

"i don't know if that's a good idea," anya trails off, making shawn nod. "we'll probably just hang around in the hotel."

"nice," shawn nods, taking a sip of his coffee. anya could feel the awkward atmosphere between them, and quickly wanted to change the subject, but shawn was eager to ask her more. "so you and i?"

"shawn-"

"tell me honestly," he sighs. "did i really mean anything to you? or was it just casual?" anya stays silent, not wanting to answer his question. of course the night they made out meant something to her, she did have some sort of feelings towards his boy.

but she had feelings for brian too.

"at the time, it meant something to me," she answers, making him nod. "now, i just," she sighs gently, finishing the bowl of fruit. "i don't know."

"why are you with brian if you're confused?" he asks her gently.

"because we're fake," she says softly to him. "no matter what, there will be nothing real between us. ever." shawn takes a moment to process what she says. obviously, he's upset with it, but if that's how she really feels, he should support her no matter what.

"can i have one last kiss? just us?" shawn asks her softly, as she sighs, looking straight at shawn. "i know you're with brian, but no one will find out apart from us, we can-"

anya cuts shawn off completely, leaning forward and planting her lips onto his, kissing him ever so softly. she pulls away after a few seconds of them both understanding what's going on, and she stands up again.

"i'll see you tomorrow, shawn," anya says softly to him, placing her hand on his shoulder, and walking back inside, heading straight out of his hotel room, and back into hers.

shawn dramatically sighs, picking up the tray of finished food, and walking back into his hotel room. he tidies up the room quickly, before putting the do not disturb sign outside the room, and sitting down on his bed, pulling out his laptop to get some work done, since he probably won't be going out at all during the day.

everything slowly started coming to shawn, before he decided he needed to write a song or two about anya. he hadn't written much since getting on tour, which was weird for him, so he decided to scrap the admin work, and instead decided to write songs and play out melodies.

by the end of the morning, he had one song completely finished, and ready to sample.
-
"hey, do you wanna go grab a drink?" brian asks anya, spooning her body gently.

"no, i'm fine thanks," she mumbles, not really wanting to talk more, since that kiss with shawn again, she's never felt more confused. "hey um, i'm gonna go for a walk."

"okay great, i'll come with you-"

"no, i just need to think on my own for a little," she plays off, getting out of his embrace, and pulling on her denim jacket. "i'll see you tomorrow morning."

"you're not gonna come over?" he asks, slightly offended.

"um, i'm not feeling too good today," she lies, folding her arms against her chest. brian nods, getting off of the bed and walking towards her. he presses a small kiss against her lips, cupping her cheeks gently.

"i'll see you tomorrow, baby."

"mhm," she nods, letting him leave her hotel room. after a few minutes, anya leaves her room too, before walking down the corridor, passing shawns room. she stops in her tracks, taking a few steps back, before raising her hand to knock down onto the wood.

"one minute!" shawn yells, inside his room, trying to secure a towel around him. he sighs softly, rubbing his wet curls with another towel, before heading to the door to open it. he opens it up, revealing anya standing there, her sight slightly shocking him. "oh hey-" anya jumps up, hooking her legs around shawns torso, cupping his cheeks and pressing her lips firmly down onto his. he reciprocated quickly, by shutting the door, and wrapping his arms around her, keeping her in a solid grasp, before walking into the room, and laying her down on his bed.

"i know that," she pants, pulling away from shawn quickly. "i know that i said nothing will be real," she mumbles to him, as he looks down at her gently. "but i can't deny my feelings to you."

"y-you have feelings for me?" she nods, leaning up again and pressing her lips back onto shawns, flipping them over so she's on top. "wait, wait, stop," he pulls away immediately, sitting up, and making anya move off of his lap. "you're with my best friend, i can't do that."

"i'm your girlfriend though," she urges, trailing small kisses up and down the soft skin of his neck. "no one has to find out."

"anya, stop- stop," he says, pushing himself away from her. "i'm not doing anything with you until you end things with him," he tells her firmly. she sighs gently, flopping down onto his bed.

"you're right, we shouldn't," she sighs again, rolling onto her side. "i'm such a mess, shawn."

"no you're not," he says gently to her, lying down next to her, and turning his body so he's facing her. "you're not a mess."

"i am," she smiles sadly. "look at me, i lead you on, only to lead the guy i thought i liked on, to actually be with the guy i like," she rants, letting out a sad, lone, chuckle. "i'm a mess."

"hey," he says softly, tucking away a piece of her hair. "now we know what's really between us, we have excuses to enjoy dates, and press stunts," she lets out another happier chuckle, shaking her head at shawn. "why don't we go do a press stunt now, huh? it'll make andrew happy."

"where?" she asks him softly, getting excited to explore a place with shawn. "can we go for a really long walk somewhere?"

"anything you want, hun," he says gently to her. "you name a place, and we'll go there."

so, that evening, shawn and anya went exploring around london city. and so far, that was the best day of tour for the both of them.