chapter eight

[third person]
-

the next morning, they were all awake and ready to head out of the bus for a day to themselves. it was a free day, but shawn couldn't deny how uncomfortable he felt. the only two people who were actually communicating with him were anya and geoff. no one knew what happened the previous night outside the bus apart from him and anya, which was good, because brian has developed a slight crush on anya.

shawn steps out of the bus, putting his sunglasses on immediately, spotting his family who are all waiting outside the bus, chatting to andrew. shawn takes a deep breath, turning his back and wanting to head back into the bus.

"come on, bud," geoff says, dragging him by the arm, and turning him around so he faces them again. "shawn, come on," he urges, whilst shawn shakes his head, trying to fight it so he. an go back into the bus.

andrew notices what's going on and sighs, ending his conversation with shawns family, leaving them to turn around, and see shawn.

"shawn!" aaliyah squeals, running towards him and crashing into his arms. "hey!"

"hey liyah," he chuckles, hugging her back and looking over her head to his parents, who are both smiling at him and aaliyah. "how are you?"

"good, how are you, loser?"

"i've been better," he admits, pushing out a small smile at her. she furrows her face up n confusion, before shawn let's go and goes to greet his parents.

"oh, shawn," his mum says, before giving him a warm hug. shawn tucks his face into her hair, hugging his mother back tightly, as the tears come back to his eyes. "shh."

"m-mum, i'm s-sorry," he sniffles, pulling away from the hug with his glassy eyes. his mum smiles, cupping one of his cheeks, and shaking her head.

"don't apologise to me, shawn," she says. "i'm not mad, just disappointed."

"hey bud," his dad says to him, as shawn lets go of his mum, going to hug his dad.

"hey dad," he mumbles, the bittersweet feeling enveloping him. "thank you guys so much for coming."

"why wouldn't we? you're touring, son," his dad chuckles, shining some light on the situation. shawn smiles sadly, looking behind him, and seeing anya standing alone.

"hey um, guys," he says to his family, before walking over to anya, and holding out his hand. she looks down at it, before looking up at shawn with a small smile. she takes his hand, and he guides her to his family. "this is anya, my girlfriend. anya, this is my mum, karen, my dad, manuel, and my sister, aaliyah."

"it's so nice to finally meet you, mr and mrs mendes, and you too aaliyah," she smiles warmly at them, as shawns mother quickly gives her a hug.

"if you need anything, and i mean anything, call me. i'll make sure shawn never says anything like that again," karen says to the girl, as she nods, pushing a smile out. anya goes to greet manny and aaliyah, before standing next to shawn again.

"i thought you guys were fake dating-"

"shh," shawn quickly says to aaliyah, placing his hand over her mouth. "you need to be careful with what you say. we're outside, and there could be fans filming."

"right," aaliyah nods, moving away from her brother. "i like her," she whispers in shawns ear, making him smile, and then his cheeks flush when thinking back to the previous night.

shawn takes a look around the rest of his crew, who are purposely avoiding him, and he frowns, moving away from the group of his family and girlfriend, heading back into the bus.