chapter twenty-six

[third person]
-

shawn follows andrew to a secluded part of the arena, where they probably won't be heard by anyone, nor seen by anyone. they sit on a black crate, andrew handing shawn a bottle of water.

"why did they want anya and i to break up?" shawn asks andrew suddenly. "i just don't understand why they think it would help me, when in reality, it made me a complete mess."

"shawn," andrew sighs, making shawn furrow his eyebrow. "what happened helped your sales, your album sales have gone up in the past three weeks, and your new single has already hit number one in quite a few places, and you're being talked about more. i understand their reasoning behind it, but if you ask me, it wasn't needed. sales have only improved by a fraction, and the new music was going to hit number one anyway, its just the fact that you're being talked about more," he explains, making shawn nod. "i'm not gonna stop you and anya being together, but just be warned, island might rip you guys apart again."

"what if we didn't go out to the public? would that be okay?"

"i mean, yeah, but if someone finds out, just be warned," andrew tells him, making shawn let out a long, frustrated sigh.

"why is it so difficult to simply just be in love? whats so wrong with me being with anya? is it so dangerous to put effort into someone else?" shawn questions, taking a sip of his water. "why can't i just be with her?"

"i'm not stopping you, shawn. but from my perspective, and my guidance over anya, treat her well, shawn. you broke her, and shes willing to give you another chance. be thankful for that, be grateful for her love, and make sure she knows it. don't you dare give up on her, even if things get difficult with island, because if you really want this, you're going to have to work for it."

shawn let the words settle in his head, and stood up with a sigh, bidding a quick goodbye to andrew, before taking the slightly long walk back to his dressing room. all he wanted to do was change, and head back to the house to shower, before getting on the bus to travel to their next destination.

he hung his head low, and tried his best to avoid as many people as he possibly could. shawn reached his dressing room door, and pushed it open, seeing anya sitting on the couch, flicking through a book.

"hey," she says gently, noticing shawn. "did you talk to andrew?"

"yeah," shawn says with a small sigh, sitting down next to her, feeling his heart race in his chest. "maybe we shouldn't even try."

"what? what happened?" anya asks, her voice cracking slightly, as she put her book down. shawn shakes his head, leaning his head back, letting out another sigh. "talk to me, shawn."

"that's just it, though, talking's not gonna get us anywhere," he says, completely frustrated. "no one wants us together, and even if we are, we'd have to do it in secret. there's no use."

"so that's it? you're just gonna give up on me?" she asks sadly, her heart breaking. shawn shrugs, looking down at the floor. "i thought you wanted me, i thought you wanted to make things right again, i-i thought you love me."

"i do, anya, that's the thing. i love you so much, anya rose. never forget that," he tells her. "but it's like i said, right love, wrong time."

"what about what i say? do i not matter in this decision? i want you, shawn. every singly bone in my body wants you," she mutters, turning to face him. "so what if we have to hide and sneak around? that shouldn't matter if we're in love!" she tells him, raising her voice slightly. "whatever, shawn, just call me when you've made up your mind," she mutters, standing up, and gathering her stuff together.