chapter twenty-one

[third person]
-

shawn woke up fairly early the next day. his head was in pieces, and he couldn't sleep without thinking about her. his mind was completely torn into millions of parts. one part of him wanted to call her up and apologise immediately, the other part wanted to cause as much pain and trouble as he possibly could.

he was heartbroken.

so, he went to the source of medicine that would relieve him in seconds. alcohol. he drank and drank and drank at the early hours of 6am, sighing in relief that he didn't have a show that day.

he was completely confused.

he thought anya wanted him for him, he thought that she would become his girlfriend, and the two of them would make so many more memories together as a couple. he thought he would be there for her when she needed him the most, and he thought he would support her when she wanted to dwell in her free spirit.

he was on his fifth glass of hennessy when he decided to give up with the glass, and drink straight from the bottle. alcohol was his way of coping with it all, it numbed his heartache, and helped him completely forget about what happened.

he knew he fucked up when releasing the story, but he was angry, and wanted to get his own back. he didn't regret releasing it, but he knew deep down he messed up badly.
-
"camila, no, please don't call him," anya begs, panic settling into her visage. "i know you're pissed at him, but p-please don't call him."

"i need to yell at him, he can't just do that to you and get away with it," camila urges, dialling up shawns number on her phone. "you aren't a doll he can control, anya. he fucked you over. you don't deserve any of this."

"camila i-"

"hello?" she calls into the phone, waiting for shawn to reply. camila quickly puts the phone on speaker, letting anya listen to the conversation.

"c-camila!" shawn hiccups, his drunken state being amusing to himself only. "h-how are you?"

"shawn, are you drunk?"

"yeah!" he giggles, making anya's heart clench. "i found hennessy in the bus, b-but shhh don't tell gerty!"

"shawn, where are you?"

"um, i don't know? i think i'm in la, i got off the bus and now i can't find it," shawn mumbles. "are you with anya?"

anya looks up from the bed sheets, her mouth going slightly agape, and her heart clenching again.

"yeah about that-"

"i don't get it," shawn says, cutting camila off completely. "i love her, mila. i'm so in love with her. and she does that? i'm never enough for her, i don't know why i keep falling for her mind games," anya's eyes fill with tears, and her and camila look at each other in shock. "i love her."

"if you love her, why did you do that to her?" camila pesters, making shawn sigh on the other side of the phone.

"she's with someone else, camila. you don't understand. she's the only person i think about the moment i wake up, and the minute i fall asleep. we made so many memories together, and it's like all those nights of sneaking around with her meant nothing."

nothing. anya thinks quietly to herself, letting a sigh escape her lips, and a tear roll down her cheek.

"is the other guy that noah guy?"

"what?"

"camila i only did it because i'm annoyed. i'm so annoyed. she did that to me," shawn mumbles, ignoring camilas question completely. "i gotta go."